(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelims and Mains:
- Scheme for Promoting Indigenous Rice READ MORE
- India gets its 40th World Heritage Site READ MORE
- Explained: Why South Korea’s version of Israel’s Iron Dome will be more capable READ MORE
- In Chirgaon, Residents and Conservationists Work To Bring Back Their Vultures READ MORE
- As Economies Reopen, IMF Forecasts 6% Global Growth This Year READ MORE
- Explained: What is Telangana’s Dalit Bandhu scheme, and why is it facing criticism? READ MORE
- Everything you need to know about RBI’s planned digital currency READ MORE
GS Paper: 1
- Explained: What UNESCO heritage site Dholavira tells us about the Indus Valley Civilisation READ MORE
- Population populism: What led to the faster decline in fertility in recent decades? READ MORE
GS Paper: 2
Polity and Governance
- Dangerous conflagration: On Assam-Mizoram border clash READ MORE
- Simmering Northeast: Centre must constitute a new boundary commission to resolve the region’s internal border disputes READ MORE
- What is data localisation & why Mastercard, Amex, Diners Club can’t add more customers in India READ MORE
- Explained: How did the 150-year-old Assam-Mizoram dispute get so violent now? READ MORE
Social justice and social issues
- The way forward for implementing NEP READ MORE
- Needed, a more unified Asian voice for Afghanistan: Afghanistan’s future will impact Central Asia and South Asia more than the distant global powers involved with it now READ MORE
- Afghan conundrum and the road ahead READ MORE
GS Paper: 3
- Strengthen the Code: Outcomes under IBC have fallen short of expectations. The process needs to be streamlined. READ MORE
- Why has the world not warmed up to Make in India? READ MORE
- The lockdown and its economic costs READ MORE
- The GLOBAL MINIMUM TAX READ MORE
Environment and Ecology
- How EU’s proposed carbon border tax will work & why India is among the nations opposing it READ MORE
- Air Pollution Nine-Times More Likely to Kill India’s Poorest Than the Rich READ MORE
- More livestock, more carbon dioxide, less ice: The world’s climate change progress since 2019 is (mostly) bad news READ MORE
- Climate Change Triggering Extreme Weather Events across the World, India No Exception
- Theatre Commander under Chief of Defence Staff is not a good idea READ MORE
GS Paper: 4
Ethics Examples and Case Study
- Needed: an anti-trafficking law READ MORE
- Can’t take elitist view to ban begging: Supreme Court READ MORE
- Planet Earth has a key to our spiritual growth READ MORE
Questions for MAIN exam
- ‘A strong anti-trafficking law is the moral and constitutional responsibility of our elected leaders, and a necessary step towards nation-building and economic progress’. Discuss the statement.
- ‘The IBC has emerged as a credible threat against errant promoters, and a stringent mechanism to usher in credit discipline in the country. But the functioning of the Code needs to be streamlined and strengthened’. Examine the statement.
- ‘Centre must constitute a new boundary commission to resolve the region’s internal border disputes’. Comment.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- Afghanistan’s story, backwards or sideways, is not confined to the Americans or the English.
- India has already been warned that monsoon rains would increase further with the rise in global temperature, and this would impact both agricultural and economy.
- Afghanistan’s future will impact Central Asia and South Asia more than the distant global powers involved with it now.
- Sectarian tribalism has been the bane of the North-eastern States, with underdevelopment acting as a catalyst in complicating knotty issues over land and other issues in the region.
- Human trafficking is a crime in itself, but it is also the propeller of several other crimes.
- A strong anti-trafficking law is the moral and constitutional responsibility of our elected leaders, and a necessary step towards nation-building and economic progress.
- The IBC has emerged as a credible threat against errant promoters, and a stringent mechanism to usher in credit discipline in the country.
- A major challenge in the implementation of any policy is the absence of relevant institutional mechanisms.
- Effective delivery of family planning services, strong incentives and disincentives led to decline in fertility rates.
- BJP moved fast but cautiously in Karnataka, by choosing B.S. Yediyurappa loyalist, Basavaraj Bommai, as his successor. Bommai ticks many boxes: Lingayat leader, relatively young, clean image, administrative experience and shrewd consensus-builder, of a non-RSS import. His life won’t be easy though: there’s massive governance deficit and factionalism to address.
- Human trafficking is a crime in itself, but it is also the propeller of several other crimes. It creates a parallel black economy which fuels child labour, child marriage, prostitution, bonded labour, forced beggary, drug-related crimes, corruption, terrorism and other illicit businesses. The architects of our Constitution established the severity of the crime of trafficking by making it the only offence punishable under the Constitution of India itself, besides untouchability.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do a map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers etc. same applies for the national places.)
- For economy related news (banking, agriculture etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related with various economic aspects, for examples if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing prices rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates etc.
- For main exam related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occurs frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment in your writing.