THE CONTEXT: To strengthen the mentoring capacity of teachers, CBSE, in collaboration with the Innovation Cell, AICTE, Ministry of Education, launched the programme to train 50,000 school teachers
- These teachers will become mentors and guide these young students to pursue innovation and entrepreneurship and will nurture young students for problem-solving and critical thinking at the school level.
- More than 10,000 schools have nominated 5 teachers each from their schools to participate in this training programme.
- The training will be provided to the teachers in phased manner. The first batch of training will start from July 20, 2021.
WHAT WILL THE INNOVATION AMBASSADORS DO?
- The trained ‘Innovation Ambassadors’ will perform the following tasks at school level:
- Creating the culture of innovation in their respective schools.
- Mentor the teachers and students of their respective and nearby schools
- Provide support to other schools as a resource person
- Spread the message of innovation and start-ups among the students and faculty
- Act as an evaluator for Idea competitions conducted at the national level
- Act as a Mentor for the national level program on Innovation and related activities.
- AICTE is an abbreviated form of the All India Council for Technical Education.
- AICTE is the statutory body and the national-level council for technical education in the country
- AICTE was formed in November 1945 with the vision to promote development of the education system in India.
- Till 1987, it was acting as an advisory body under the Department of Education, Ministry of HRD. In 1987, it was given a statutory status by an Act of Parliament, enabling it to exercise in a more effective manner.
- AICTE as a body is responsible for accrediting all postgraduate and graduate programs, under specific categories of technology for Indian institutions.
- This is its major point of difference with UGC (University Grants Commission) as UGC only accredits non-technical education in India.
- Apart from the accreditation, AICTE also has major involvement in training, research and development of technical education in the country, which includes the variety of study areas like commerce and industry trade, science and engineering, medicine and healthcare, arts, environment, architecture, vocational studies, management, hospitality, food science and many more.
- AICTE is based in New Delhi. AICTE has its various operational regional offices in different cities