(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- English translation of Prime Minister’s address at the launch of ‘Infrastructure for Resilient Island States’ initiative at COP26 Summit in Glasgow READ MORE
- PM Modi launches ‘Infrastructure for Resilient Island States’ for most vulnerable countries READ MORE
- CoP26 summit | Leaders pledge to cut methane and save forests READ MORE
- Set up Police Complaints Authorities, NHRC tells Union Home Ministry, States READ MORE
- What La Nina is and why India should brace itself for a harsh winter READ MORE
- Rare and endangered bird returns to Croatia after 200 years READ MORE
- Wheat could expand to higher latitudes if warming trends continue: Study READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
- Finding a way out of India’s deepening water stress: In any new National Water Policy, the aim should also be to encourage conserving water resources and efficient usage READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- Why counting caste matters: Caste data will help us understand the contours of inequality and craft reasoned and inclusive policies READ MORE
- The Supreme Court is walking the talk on citizens’ rights READ MORE
- Mental health vs World Mental Health Day READ MORE
- Not just Global Hunger Index, India’s own govt data shows how worried we should be READ MORE
- Trade and climate, the pivot for India-U.S. ties READ MORE
- Nepal’s foreign policy resets ties with India READ MORE
- A Tale of Two Quads: Both Quad-1 and Quad-2 have China in their crosshairs. Both are conceived as ‘coalitions of the willing’. Both formats have sea power as the dominant paradigm. READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- Telecom reforms not sweeping enough READ MORE
- Banking accountability: Robust system is needed for investigation READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Climate pledge: On CoP26 summit in Glasgow- Nations must realise they are not in a competitive race but trying to outrun the clock READ MORE
- How India can realise its latest ambition to turn net-zero by 2070 READ MORE
- India is among the top five countries most affected by extreme heat READ MORE
- Kashmir’s fragility has more complex reasons: To limit what is happening in J&K solely to the impetus created by a Talibanised Afghanistan could cost India dear READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
Questions for the MAIN exam
- Discuss the need and concerns associated with the caste census in India.
- ‘Caste data will help us understand the contours of inequality and craft reasoned and inclusive policies’. Do you agree with the view? Justify your view.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.
- Nations must realise they are not in a competitive race but trying to outrun the clock.
- In any new National Water Policy, the aim should also be to encourage conserving water resources and efficient usage.
- To limit what is happening in J&K solely to the impetus created by a Talibanised Afghanistan could cost India dear.
- Caste data will help us understand the contours of inequality and craft reasoned and inclusive policies.
- The Pegasus order upholding the individual’s right to a life of dignity and privacy is music to the ears of those who believe in constitutional values and rule of law.
- India has been right in advocating a global climate change regime that will advance, not diminish, its developmental prospects. But the time has come to define our developmental objectives aligned to our civilisational values of respect for nature.
- The government has questioned the methodology of the Global Hunger Index. But undernutrition is one of the leading factors of child mortality in India.
50- WORD TALK
- For too long, India relied on a single template response for climate change negotiations — let rich countries cut emissions first. But Covid has ushered in an era of new internationalism and what is achieved in a short time if there’s the unity of intent. COP26 must leverage this we-are-all-in-it-together mood.
- Aryan Khan is home but that shouldn’t lull us into forgetting that NCB’s functioning must remain under our increased scrutiny. If just one headline-hunting officer, abusing the draconian NDPS law and producing evergreen witnesses, can cause such harm, then the collective outcry against NCB, like in Aryan’s case, should sustain.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the main point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.