(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- PM launches Indian Space Association READ MORE
- Three share Economics Nobel for research on “natural experiment” to study cause and effect READ MORE
- India gets the third set of Swiss bank details under automatic information exchange framework READ MORE
- Explained: What is the global minimum tax deal and what will it mean? READ MORE
- Clean, healthy and sustainable environment a universal right: UN Human Rights Council READ MORE
- Polling through mobile phones? Telangana to conduct a dry run of first e-voting system in India READ MORE
- India, UK agree upon forwarding Action Plan on power, green finance, renewables, clean transportation READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
- Protecting India’s natural laboratories: Preserving geological heritage is as important as preserving biodiversity and cultural heritage READ MORE
- The splendour of Udayagiri caves READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- The next step is a constitutional right to health: Presently, any investment in health care has failed to translate into a sense of security and sanctuary for many Indians READ MORE
- The ‘yes or a no’ the Court must ask about Pegasus: A record of the hearings indicates that the judiciary has allowed the Government to get away with much of its evasion READ MORE
- Why is NCB pursuing the drug user? READ MORE
- Reshaping discourse on anti-conversion laws READ MORE
- Reforms needed for police accountability READ MORE
- Dengue outbreak: Strengthen control and prevention measures READ MORE
- How Delhi came to see Europe as a valuable strategic partner READ MORE
- What for? The US has once again created ambiguity around the role and purpose of the Quad READ MORE
- Quad and Quasi-alignment with the United States READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- Why Modi does not repeal the farm laws: The farm laws will open up multiple options for farmers, enabling them to realise a price of their choice which could be even more than MSP READ MORE
- Decoding RBI’s monetary policy statement READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Tackling the climate crisis: The pressure to speed up mitigation and adaptation is at an all-time high READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
- Worshipping energy as a feminine principle READ MORE
- To command respect in the simplest way READ MORE
Questions for the MAIN exam
- Discuss the need and significance of declaring ‘Right to Health for all’ as a Constitutional right.
- ‘The farm laws will open up multiple options for farmers, enabling them to realise a price of their choice which could be even more than MSP’. Critically analyse the statement.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- Strategy requires thought, tactics require observation.
- The incident in Lakhimpur Kheri marks a violent disregard for dissent and endangers democracy.
- The long-term costs of quasi-alignment with the United States need to be assessed by the Government of India.
- The farm laws will open up multiple options for farmers, enabling them to realise a price of their choice which could be even more than MSP.
- Gandhiji gave up the traditional Gujarati kurta and pyjama and underwent an image makeover to identify himself with the ‘Daridra Narayanas’.
- With the vaccine for dengue still in the initial trial stage, fogging of the affected and disease-prone areas and screening measures, along with the citizens’ dedication to keeping the surroundings clean and dry, are effective strategies to avert an epidemic.
- While supporting growth, the RBI has indicated that normalisation will be transparent and non-disruptive.
- The law on narcotics was amended in 2001 to focus on dealers, not users. The objective was to stop thinking of and treating the latter as hardened criminals, which they seldom are.
- With its economic weight, technological strength and normative power, the EU promise to enhance India’s quest for a multipolar world, rebalanced Indo-Pacific.
- Presently, any investment in health care has failed to translate into a sense of security and sanctuary for many Indians.
- Preserving geological heritage is as important as preserving biodiversity and cultural heritage.
50- WORD TALK
- Failure of the latest India-China military talks isn’t surprising given PLA’s massive infrastructure build-up along LAC. They are evidently there to stay and the Indian Army needs to be prepared for another harsh winter. What also needs watching is the Western front. Coordinated trouble from China and Pakistan isn’t a far-fetched threat.
- Forced conversions do not necessarily take place in broad daylight by means of physical force. Rather, subtler and nuanced approaches of allurement, inducement and coercion are deployed. Sometimes they are guised in the veil of interfaith marriage with lucrative offers of money, security, employment, false hopes of divine benefaction and a better life. The gravity of this situation is intensified with the advent of new technological advancements.
- During the urgent hearing of the Lakhimpur Kheri case, the CJI was of the view that an investigative mechanism other than the state police or CBI may have to be thought of in the given scenario. In the context of a no holds barred ideological polarization at the government level, an independent agency tasked with putting the police violence database consistently in the public domain will definitely empower the citizens.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.