THE CONTEXT: Intel has collaborated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to launch the ‘AI For All’ initiative, aimed at creating a basic understanding of artificial intelligence (AI) for people in India.
- Based on Intel’s ‘AI For Citizens’ programme, ‘AI For All’ is a 4-hour, self-paced learning programme that demystifies AI in an inclusive manner.
- The programme aims to introduce AI to one million citizens in its first year.
- The AI For All initiative based on Intel’s AI For Citizens program aims to make India AI-ready by building awareness and appreciation of AI among everyone.
ABOUT AI FOR ALL
- The four-hour open content resource, which is available in 11 vernacular languages, is divided into two sections – AI Awareness (1.5 hours) and AI Appreciation (2.5 hours).
- The segment on AI Awareness provides an elementary understanding of AI, misconceptions around AI, and its application potential.
- The AI Appreciation segment helps learners understand the key domains of AI, its impact across industries, and gets them started on building personal learning plans.
- At the end of each stage, participants will be given personalised digital badges that can be shared on social media.
- Intel is collaborating with governments and communities globally to build a digital-first mindset and expand access to the AI skills needed for current and future jobs.
- In India, the AI For All initiative is part of Intel’s corporate social responsibility efforts towards democratising AI for all,
- National Education Policy 2020 acknowledges the importance of AI and emphasises on preparing everyone for an AI-driven economy.