THE CONTEXT: Adding yet another feather to its cap, the cleanest city of the country has also become the only city to be selected from India for International Clean Air Catalyst Programme.
- Clean Air Catalyst is a new flagship programme launched by The US Agency for International Development (USAID) and a global consortium of organisations, led by World Resources Institute (WRI) and Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) to accelerate clean air solutions in low and middle-income countries.
- In collaboration with USAID and other international organisations like EDF and WRI, Indore will implement City Clean Air Catalyst programme.
- In the programme, with the cooperation of Indore Municipal Corporation and Madhya Pradesh Pollution Control Board, the project will be operated for 5 years for clean and pure air in the city.
- WRI is a global nonprofit organization that works with leaders in government, business and civil society to improve people’s lives and ensure nature can thrive
- Environmental Defense Fund or EDF (formerly known as Environmental Defense) is a United States-based nonprofit environmental advocacy group. Environmental Defense Fund’s mission is to preserve the natural systems on which all life depends.