(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- INDIA- AFRICA JOINT MILITARY EXERCISE ‘AFINDEX-23’ CONCLUDED AT FOREIGN TRAINING NODE, AUNDH, PUNE READ MORE
- 1275 railway stations have been identified under Amrit Bharat Station scheme READ MORE
- Karnataka Assembly poll on May 10, results on May 13 READ MORE
- 2022-23 trade deficit with China crossed $71 billion by January READ MORE
- Riyadh joins Shanghai Cooperation Organization as ties with Beijing grow READ MORE
- SC disposes of Mohammad Faizal’s petition against disqualification after Lok Sabha reinstates him READ MORE
- SEBI approves ASBA-like facility for trading in secondary market READ MORE
- When lightning travels from ground to sky: How upward streamers work READ MORE
- A cosmic explosion in 2022 was the brightest ever — and may overturn decades-long theory on gamma ray bursts READ MORE
- LVM3 M3/ OneWeb India-2 Mission accomplished successfully READ MORE
- While India’s population is growing, women’s participation in its workforce is shrinking READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- A hardhanded response that strikes at the root of rights READ MORE
- SMART PDS scheme: A bold initiative in digitization READ MORE
- Nature’s punishment for our crimes is just READ MORE
- Revisiting regulations: Rules should not bypass the principles of natural justice READ MORE
- It’s Time to Rethink Delhi’s Governance Structure, Once Again READ MORE
- Healthcare in India has made great progress, but challenges remain READ MORE
- Digital divide: Internet access in govt schools vital to narrow the gap READ MORE
- Why Isn’t India Doing its Best to Educate Children of the Poor? READ MORE
- Russian ambassador to India writes: How the West is hijacking G20 READ MORE
- Neighbours, big & small: Bhutan to Bangladesh, New Delhi must prepare to compete with China in the development space READ MORE
- Bhutan’s about-turn: India needs to be wary of China’s Doklam ploy READ MORE
- The Moscow declaration READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- NPAs should be decriminalized READ MORE
- Low-cost, eco-friendly farming offers hope READ MORE
- Moment of Reckoning READ MORE
- Improving Global Food Security: The Impact of the Black Sea Grain Initiative READ MORE
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- The Possibilities and Pitfalls of ChatGPT READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- How Can India Adapt Better to Heatwaves? READ MORE
- We Need Viable Pathways for Recycling and Composting Bioplastics READ MORE
- After failure of insurgency in Kashmir, Pakistan is working on Punjab once again READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
Questions for the MAIN exam
- Good public policies spur economic growth and public welfare and improve ease of living for citizens. Comment.
- Despite putting so many efforts for improving the skills of Civil Servents, governance is still perceived to be lagging behind private-sector management in terms of efficiency and effectiveness. Analyse why many policymakers are under-equipped to develop effective policies? And how focus on Public Management would be an effective step to address this gap?
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- Unless both sides win, no agreement can be permanent.
- Government policies are pivotal in deciding the future of a country. Good public policies spur economic growth and public welfare and improve ease of living for citizens.
- The Indian bureaucracy has many talented people working at various levels. However, governance is still perceived to be lagging behind private sector management, in terms of efficiency and effectiveness.
- The supply of formal education in public management is inadequate as compared to business management education.
- The proposed division of Delhi into an autonomous National Capital District and the State of Delhi will meet the twin objectives of keeping the national capital in the jurisdiction of the Central government while giving rest of the Union Territory much demanded full statehood.
- The fact that ecologically protective farming methods are at the same time strengthening the base of farming in the form of improved soil and water conservation holds out the promise of even better progress in years to come.
- Politics should learn the ethics and economics of people’s welfare, thus using the power it has gained to strive for purity, peace, and prosperity as a common goal.
- Russia, in turn, evidently understands that India’s defence cooperation with the US, together with its security links in groupings like Quad and I2U2 across the Indo-Pacific, are set to grow.
- Human resource management is a prerequisite for growth.
- Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
- Lotay Tshering, Bhutan’s Prime Minister, has caused deep concern in New Delhi by claiming that China has made “no intrusions” into his country. The language suggests Thimpu is willing to cede territory occupied by China in future border talks. India must ensure it isn’t confronted with a dangerous Himalayan fait-accompli.
- The RBI brought several regulations to improve NPA detection and resolution before the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code was implemented. While there is no dispute that banks have every right to recover loans, they should also give borrowers a fair chance before taking punitive action with wider consequences.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.