(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- PM inaugurates Shri Kashi Vishwanath Dham in Varanasi READ MORE
- Sankalp Scheme READ MORE
- Five Central Asian leaders invited as R-Day chief guests READ MORE
- Bank-NBFC co-lending: how it works, and the concerns it raises READ MORE
- Great Indian Bustard habitat: Govt urges SC to modify order on underground cables READ MORE
- COVID-19 effect: Healthcare costs push over half billion into extreme poverty READ MORE
- India signs air bubble agreement with Australia READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- Explainer: How speakers are undermining the anti-defection law by simply sitting on petitions READ MORE
- Judicial reform promotes rule of law READ MORE
SOCIAL ISSUES AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
- Fathoming the new world disorder: It is pegged to the American withdrawal from Afghanistan, a development with a far-reaching impact on global politics READ MORE
- The case for deeper technological ties with London READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
- Fixing the MSP mess, through futures and options READ MORE
- Women are key drivers in Bangladesh’s rapid economic growth READ MORE
- Fertiliser industry is not yielding results READ MORE
- Holistic solutions needed to tackle income inequality READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Ensuring dam safety: Extreme weather events have increased risks READ MORE
- Previously unrecorded Chilean tsunami identified READ MORE
- A dangerous churn in Af-Pak READ MORE
- Cyber security breach a matter of serious concern READ MORE
- Cyber threat READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
- Remain Stress-Free READ MORE
- Why Police Brutality and Torture Are Endemic in India READ MORE
- Faith targeted READ MORE
Questions for the MAIN exam
- The American withdrawal from Afghanistan will have a far-reaching impact on global politics. Discuss.
- ‘Mitigating the social and economic determinants of health and reducing out-of-pocket costs are important to achieve Universal Health Care’. In the light of the statement, discuss how Strong PHC services can be a deciding factor in this regard?
- ‘Professionalizing the judiciary not only makes courts more trustworthy and respectable in the eyes of the people, but also enhances its capability to resolve disputes, and thus contributes to a more vibrant, prosperous community’. In the list of the statement, discuss how the court play an important role in Rule of Law.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- The folly of endless consumerism sends us on a wild goose chase for happiness through materialism.
- The Afghan withdrawal and the downsizing in West Asia suggest that America’s strategic focus has shifted towards China.
- It makes strategic and economic sense for Delhi, as the UK is one of the few nations to have laid out ambitious policy goals with an eye on the unfolding technological revolution.
- For Delhi, the essence of the new alliance with Britain is fourfold — generate domestic prosperity, enhance national security, climb up the global technology hierarchy, and contribute to the construction of a free, open, and democratic global technological order.
- Insecurity and escalating violence in the region could provide opportunity for Islamist terror outfits.
- Insolvencies can have cross-border implications. An insolvency framework that lays down common principles is crucial.
- Strong PHC services that are publicly financed help mitigate the social and economic determinants of health and reduce out-of-pocket costs.
- The Govt should remove control on urea and stop giving subsidy through manufacturers; instead, the Government can give it directly to farmers.
- In a country like India where privileges manifest in various forms—gender, caste and religion—the increasing wealth and income disparity only exacerbate the situation.
- India happens to be a rich country inhabited by very poor people.
- A ‘poverty line’ that ignores individual characteristics altogether cannot do justice to our real concerns underlying poverty, viz. capability failure because of inadequate economic means.”
- Professionalizing the judiciary not only makes courts more trustworthy and respectable in the eyes of the people, but also enhances its capability to resolve disputes, and thus contributes to a more vibrant, prosperous community.
- CBSE’s Class 10 examination passage on women and parenting was regressive and steeped in anachronistic notions of patriarchy. Educating children means making them aware and open-minded. Such writing reinforces gender stereotypes and misogyny. CBSE ‘dropping’ the passage is welcome, but it should ensure such thought-processes never find their way in.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing
Spread the Word