(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main:
- Cabinet approves continuation of Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) beyond March 2021 till March 2024 READ MORE
- Cabinet approves Ken-Betwa Interlinking of Rivers Project READ MORE
- Repo rate remains unchanged at 4% READ MORE
- Nigeria’s digital currency eNaira could be a step towards regional monetary integration in Africa READ MORE
- India Stands out as Poor and Very Unequal, top 1% Owns 33% National Wealth: World Inequality Lab Report READ MORE
- New Species of Bird Discovered in South America READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
- Urbanisation, gender, and social change: Intra-marital hierarchies and perceptions about working mothers READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- Repealing AFSPA will not weaken, only strengthen Constitution READ MORE
- AFSPA has no place in a constitutional democracy READ MORE
SOCIAL ISSUES AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
- Global (and Indian) trends in inequality READ MORE
- High LPG prices are scorching the air pollution fight READ MORE
- Reinventing the India-Russia relationship READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- Explained: Why the RBI kept repo rates unchanged READ MORE
- RBI focuses on sustaining economic revival READ MORE
- Little support for MSP: Rich countries, led by the US, blame India for breaching subsidy limits READ MORE
- Supporting growth: Govt action will be more important than monetary policy READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Governments Must Ensure Right of Clean air to Every Citizen READ MORE
- Weather conditions to turn hostile, to intensify winter air pollution in Bengal READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
- Two principles of Justice: An analysis of John Rawls’ famous doctrine READ MORE
- Overcoming the addiction of corruption READ MORE
- Are you Modern? READ MORE
Questions for the MAIN exam
- “To remove caste consciousness from Indian society, it is necessary to first identify them”. In this context critically analyse the need for a caste census in India.
- Equality of opportunity for accessing justice delivery institutions demands free and competitive legal aid to the weaker sections. In the light of the statement explain what measures the National Legal Service Authority should take to promote access to justice to the weaker sections.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- The repeal of AFSPA is necessary not just for restoring constitutional sanity, but also as a way of acknowledging the brutally dark history of our conduct in Nagaland.
- AFSPA is not just a law. It creates a whole culture. Think of what it would be like to live under a legal regime, where the state is given such wide powers.
- It is necessary for restoring constitutional sanity, stopping the permanent othering of Nagaland.
- Corruption becomes disadvantageously conspicuous in an institution or society which is predominantly moral and vigilant.
- It is now past time to repeal AFSPA and restore a semblance of the rule of law to the landscape of our constitutional democracy.
- Women in India spend thrice as much time doing unpaid domestic work compared to the men in their household, and twice as much time on caregiving activities for children and dependent adults.
- If India needs a ‘Peace Clause’ to build food and nutritional security, a guaranteed MSP is the price shield that Indian farmers need to protect their livelihoods.
- Government action would be more critical from here on in supporting and sustaining growth. Relying on monetary policy for too long can increase risks.
- India’s immediate strategic and security concerns are still centred on the land border, where Russia matters more than the US and the Quad.
- Among other policy initiatives, the proposed UPI-based payment products for feature phone users is an innovative one that should benefit a large chunk of India’s population, especially in rural and semi-urban areas. This should be another move towards championing greater financial inclusion over time.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the main point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.