(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- Pochampally makes it to list of best tourism villages in the world READ MORE
- PM to inaugurate the first Global Innovation Summit of the Pharmaceuticals sector on 18th November READ MORE
- Kartarpur corridor will be reopened READ MORE
- 20% Unorganised Sector Workers Registered With Labour Ministry’s e-Sharm Portal: Report READ MORE
- Penicillin can prevent latent rheumatic heart disease from progressing in children: Study READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
- Standing tall, and apart READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- Longer-term, better impact: The recent ordinance that allows the Centre to extend the tenure of the Director of the CBI is timely and merited READ MORE
- There’s a need for transparency in the transfer of judges READ MORE
- All India Judicial Service won’t solve pendency. And no, the IAS, IPS parallel doesn’t work READ MORE
- Why a judge’s transfer from Madras to Meghalaya has raised concerns about judicial independence READ MORE
SOCIAL ISSUES AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
- Covid beyond illness: Address mental health too READ MORE
- A hunger-free nation: How India can leverage existing institutions READ MORE
- Kabul, Kashmir and the return of realpolitik: India could find itself in a catch-22 situation as engagement with the Taliban may lead Pakistan to up the ante in J&K READ MORE
- For more than a waiver: Threat of sanctions undermines foundation of India-U.S. global strategic partnership READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- Our economic recovery requires a broader base READ MORE
- More MGNREGS support needed READ MORE
- Regional connectivity: An opportunity for India READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Debris dumped along Beas READ MORE
- The low road: Uttarakhand’s ecological balance must be protected READ MORE
- Bias in Artificial Intelligence: Why we need more India-centric AI READ MORE
- From across the border, a new cyber threat READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
- Guru Nanak, the pioneer of interfaith dialogue READ MORE
- A Protective Shield READ MORE
- The Great Contribution of a Gentle Human Being READ MORE
Questions for the MAIN exam
- Analyse the factors responsible for the menace of drug abuse in India. Suggest some measures that India could adopt to address the issue.
- How far do you agree with the view that with the help of AUKUS, India can secure its interests Indo-Pacific without being a member of any security group? Analyse your view.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- The recent ordinance that allows the Centre to extend the tenure of the Director of the CBI is timely and merited.
- Threat of sanctions undermines foundationof India-U.S. global strategic partnership.
- Bias in AI may have a broad societal impact, with decision-makers often being unaware of the risks.
- Developing more India-centric datasets and an Indic AI eco-system that incorporates India’s local views is imperative. This will help create more balanced datasets in terms of nationality, colour, gender and global diversity.
- India has managed to upstage China in Maldives but the situation is very fluid due to internal political dynamics and religious extremism.
- Expanding our approach from ‘lives and livelihoods’, as conceived in the Economic Survey, to ‘lives, livelihood and liveliness’ is essential.
- If there is genuine demand in rural India for jobs, the outlay for the MGNREGS should be enhanced.
- With the pandemic deepening India’s food security crisis, existing institutions such as ICDS, PDS, midday meal schemes and subsidised food canteens, can address hunger and malnutrition.
50- WORD TALK
- The first face-to-face summit between Presidents Joe Biden and Xi Jinping wasn’t expected to produce any breakthroughs and it didn’t. But it may have just managed to lower temperatures that were climbing on the back of a range of tensions and rhetoric. That the two powers talked is the achievement.
- The collegium recommendation to appoint Saurabh Kirpal as a Delhi High Court judge has come after a long, needless delay. Kirpal will be India’s first openly gay HC judge and this signals an important mindset change. Concerns about his partner were outside the remit. Government should notify his appointment swiftly.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.