Table of Contents
(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- India, Israel, UAE, U.S. decide to launch quadrilateral economic forum READ MORE
- Railways shut down IRSDC; second railway body to be shut down in the last two months READ MORE
- Explained: How Valneva vaccine works against Covid-19, and how effectively READ MORE
- Arctic melt: will polar bears vanish by 2100? READ MORE
- Premature tightening may lead to stagflation: RBI report READ MORE
- ‘Double-dip’: La Nina has formed for the second year in a row, says NOAA READ MORE
- Bhaskarabda to be added to official Assam calendar READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
- How India is building ties with nations that share Buddhist heritage READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- PM orders drive to cut red tape READ MORE
- How we can rebuild public trust in digital identity systems READ MORE
- Is OBC reservation good for development? READ MORE
- Data Suggests That 10% EWS Reservation Scheme is Unsubstantiated and Baseless READ MORE
- Violence and communalism: South Asia’s disturbing commonality READ MORE
- The other Quad: India must retain strong ties with Iran as it seeks partnership with the U.S.-Israel-UAE bloc READ MORE
- EU, India and the Indo-Pacific READ MORE
- Is the Indian foreign-policy ship changing course? READ MORE
- The China-Bhutan border deal should worry India READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- Navigating our economy in a post-pandemic world READ MORE
- Why farm income in India is so low READ MORE
- Repairing the Indian economy READ MORE
- Setting up ‘bad banks’ for the good READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- How to build urban climate resilience READ MORE
- Africa’s Rare Glaciers May Disappear in Two Decades, Warns Climate Report READ MORE
- India’s Monsoon Refuses to Retreat READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
- A moral test: On the vaccine, divide READ MORE
- Live-in relationships vs morality: A case for strengthening Domestic Violence Act READ MORE
Questions for the MAIN exam
- Do you think the creation of a Bad Bank will address the issue of NPAs? Substantiate your view.
- How far do you agree with the view that the recent MoU between Bhutan and China is a significant step for India to redefine its neighbourhood policy? Analyse your view.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- The secret to success is to do the common things uncommonly well.
- Privileged nations must improve global availability and equitable access to vaccines.
- In the absence of data to underscore this ostensible representation of ‘EWS’ upper castes, and in light of the fact that most Indian households, including upper caste ones, come within the government’s EWS criteria, the rationale for EWS representation has no legs to stand on.
- In India, Government-sponsored bad bank has never been tried, though there are several asset reconstruction companies functioning sub-optimally.
- The economy cannot grow without an adequate supply of credit and creating a level playing field for all.
- Digital literacy is the need of the hour on the part of journalists across the competitive globe.
- Water supply to downstream farmlands and inhabited areas, then, reduces over time. Most of the downstream areas near Kathgodam have abandoned villages because of a lack of water.
- The provision of a clean water supply is not only an aspect of water security but also of health security because contaminated water is a major contributor to ill health and disease.
- To tackle climate challenges and build resilience, good governance will be crucial for cities, and city departments cannot afford to work in silos and blame each other for mismanagement.
- Disinvestment and reforms can boost growth, but the informal sector needs attention too. Their contribution to the long-term growth prospects of the Indian economy is by no means insignificant.
- To protect the farmers from distress sales during periods of glut, swift action should be taken through the ‘Market Intervention Scheme’ (MIS), as suggested by Expert Group Committee on Indebtedness chaired by Prof Radhakrishna (2007).
- Some risks will persist but a well-managed dual transition to green as well as the digital economy could hold much promise.
- India does not figure prominently in the EU’s Indo-Pacific strategy. The Chinese challenge might change that.
50- WORD TALK
- Shadow-boxing between Modi government and Supreme Court collegium over judges’ appointments is unfortunate. The fact that the collegium has reiterated many names suggests it’s not convinced by the merits of the Centre’s objections. Both sides need to engage better in the public interest. There should be more transparency in judicial appointments.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the main point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.