Table of Contents
(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- New Delhi to host NSAs on Afghanistan issue READ MORE
- Stubble burning dropped drastically this year: Ministry READ MORE
- India’s economy gradually recovering, but beware of inflation: IMF READ MORE
- What are green crackers? Know which states imposed rules on fireworks this year READ MORE
- China tested ‘nuclear-capable hypersonic missile’ in August, says report READ MORE
- Thorns and thistles READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
- El Nino-like weather conditions increased short-term malnutrition in children across tropics: Study READ MORE
- Need to shift focus to demand management, says water policy panel chief Mihir Shah READ MORE
- A miracle of saline soil reclamation in cyclone-ravaged Sundarbans READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- Alarming hunger or statistical artefact? The low rank on the Global Hunger Index should push India to look again at its policies and interventions READ MORE
- India badly needs an overarching policy framework for data governance READ MORE
- Time to define the law on marital rape READ MORE
- Minority rights: Vulnerable religious groups under attack across South Asia READ MORE
- Ending Manual Scavenging: Policymaking Needs to Innovate Beyond Compensation READ MORE
- The digital revolution in Indian health care READ MORE
- AUKUS won’t affect the US-India relationship. But it will affect Quad READ MORE
- Security in Indo-Pacific is not a simple affair. AUKUS, China missile, and Taiwan prove that READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- Powering the energy sector: The Electricity (Amendment) Bill is a game-changer READ MORE
- Coal India, the fall guy for power crisis READ MORE
- Explained | What is the extent of India’s coal crisis? READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Climate negotiations need an innovative approach READ MORE
- Border Security Force | In the line of defence, with growing powers READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
- Here’s why sexual violence by humanitarians and peacekeepers keeps happening READ MORE
- BETWEEN ROUTINE AND INNOVATION READ MORE
Questions for the MAIN exam
- Evaluate the role played by BSF and other security forces in border management of India.
- How Global Hunger Index is calculated? Examine India’s performance in Global Hunger Index 2021.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- The plan itself is opportunism. There is no plan before that.
- The focus of the academic, legal and business fraternity needs to be drawn to the ability of caste and gender identities, digital technologies as well as the banking system to impact the lived realities of manual scavengers.
- Corruption is systemic and flows from the economic policies of governments, but popular movements against graft only make populist claims that are easy for rightist outfits to hijack.
- Peacekeeping operations have a long history of predatory sexual culture. And the UN’s database shows that abusers come from all continents.
- The challenges and the needs of routine need equal thought and servicing. A life well balanced, between thought through the routine (serviced with determination) when balanced by innovative thinking and action, provides a good charter of success and effectiveness.
- Minority rights are a sacred covenant for a civilised society. Unfortunately, most South Asian countries have descended into a pre-modern orgy of torture and hunting of minorities.
- The Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission aims to help achieve UHC in India by implementing the digital building blocks required for health care, and by making those blocks accessible as digital public goods for all.
- The low rank on the Global Hunger Index should push India to look again at its policies and interventions.
50- WORD TALK
- In order to end manual scavenging, policymakers must look beyond compensating individuals losing their lives from the inhuman practise, and consider long-term, holistic solutions that give caste and gender inequality, digital inequity and lack of access to finance among those who practice manual scavenging due consideration.
- There is an urgent need for the judiciary to recognise marital rape as an offence under the IPC, especially now when there is a surge in domestic and sexual violence cases against women due to pandemic-induced conditions. Now is the time to make amendments to the age-old definition of rape. We need to ask whose interest the legislators are safeguarding in the name of protecting the status quo of marriage.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.