(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- Government accords “Maharatna” status to PFC READ MORE
- NITI Aayog – UNDP Launch Handbook on Sustainable Management of Plastic Waste for ULB’s READ MORE
- G-20 Summit on Afghanistan: PM Modi flags terror threat, calls for unified response READ MORE
- Rare butterfly spotted at Paithalmala READ MORE
- RBI bans Haribhakti & Co from undertaking audit assignments for 2 years READ MORE
- Indian economy on the path to swift recovery: Finance Ministry report READ MORE
- Do not breathe easy on the silicosis prevention policy READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
- Vishnu temple in an ancient Chola capital READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- Jabbing children: As Covaxin gets closer to approval for children, data transparency is vital READ MORE
- The RTI Law: 16 Years On, Still a Contested Space READ MORE
- 16th Years of RTI Act: Defunct Commissions, Huge Backlog READ MORE
- What NITI Aayog’s New Nutrition Report Tells Us About India’s Health Strategy READ MORE
- How do we protect children in the Digital Age? READ MORE
- LAC, LoC questions: Pakistan and China challenges require working on basics and preparing for the long haul READ MORE
- In Afghanistan, the security challenge READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- The Data Protection Authority can lay the foundation for a solid digital economy READ MORE
- An award for certainty: Economics Nobel laureates this year have clear answers READ MORE
- How India is successfully using insolvency code to resolve NBFCs in trouble READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- North East India saw the largest share of the country’s tree cover loss: Study READ MORE
- ‘Seas will rise for centuries to come’ READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
- Kriyayog practice for peace and salvation READ MORE
- Becoming Silence READ MORE
- Violence born out of ignorance, misbelief READ MORE
Questions for the MAIN exam
- ‘Without access to relevant information, citizens are unable to get their rights and entitlements and corruption thrives’. In the light of the statement, examine whether the RTI Act is successful in its purpose or not?
- ‘Effective risk reduction relies on international cooperation and global solidarity’. Comment.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
- Without access to relevant information, citizens are unable to get their rights and entitlements and corruption thrives.
- The role of Information Commissioners is “crucial to ensure that people can obtain information on health care facilities, social security programmes and delivery of essential goods and services meant for those in distress”.
- The Joint Parliamentary Committee must take cognisance of the far-reaching impact of these issues and lay the foundation of a robust institution that is transparent, competent, independent, predictable and not overzealous in its rulemaking.
- Even when adjusting for age, sex, relationship status, and the number of working hours, physicians are at an increased risk for occupational burnout compared to other working individuals.
- Dairy and poultry need a proper ecosystem comprising reliable animal feed supplies and FPOs with market linkages.
- Predatory activity apart, the injurious potential lurking in communication networks has greatly increased with children’s own participation in these networks.
- Effective risk reduction relies on international cooperation and global solidarity.
50- WORD TALK
- India’s emergency use approval to Covaxin for children is the next big step towards immunising the entire country. India has done well to give almost 96 crore doses after a slow start. Now, children need to be covered swiftly so that they too can acquire protection and reclaim their lives.
- The pandemic highlighted the urgent need for accurate and easy-to-access information on the availability of hospital beds, essential drugs and medical equipment, like ventilators, in health facilities. It underlined the significance of information dissemination related to relief measures announced by governments and where public money is being spent in the efforts to combat the pandemic
Things to Remember
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.