(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- TRIFED’s TRIBES India store products tagged with One District One Product (ODOP) and Geographical Indication (GI) READ MORE
- Government is celebrating Banjara Dharmaguru Santh Sevalal Maharaj Jayanti for first time ever READ MORE
- India ranks 42 among 55 countries on International IP Index READ MORE
- IMF underlines critical need to bolster global debt architecture READ MORE
- Innermost layer of Earth’s core detected, Webb telescope discovers massive galaxies and more READ MORE
- Aztec hummingbirds, Indian sunbirds READ MORE
- Are neutrinos their own anti-particles? READ MORE
- The sophisticated anatomy of heat waves READ MORE
- $5 billion export target by 2025: Modi govt’s push to turn India into world’s defence manufacturing hub READ MORE
- Direct benefit transfers at Rs 5.5 trillion this fiscal READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
- Caste ban in Seattle READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- Towards transparency in OTT regulation READ MORE
- Does the anti-defection law need changes? READ MORE
- Governor must anchor provincial autonomy READ MORE
- Code of Conduct READ MORE
- Remove barriers for social justice READ MORE
- India and Germany must address the elephant in the room – China READ MORE
- Ukraine conflict may cast a shadow on G20 READ MORE
- Is BRICS party over? READ MORE
- Changing geopolitics as Ukraine war rages READ MORE
- New world order READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- Bank that doesn’t assure READ MORE
- New bad loan provision rules are good for banks READ MORE
- RBI must not downplay green central banking hassles READ MORE
- Securing India’s energy future READ MORE
- Budget 2023-24: Fiscally conservative but lacking economic strategy READ MORE
- Fixing India’s R&D inadequacies READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Cyberattacks are rising, but there is an ideal patch READ MORE
- Dealing with the cyber threats READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
Questions for the MAIN exam
- Accepting post-retirement appointments of truly political nature goes against the very spirit of the Constitution. In the light of this statement, do you agree with the view that there should be a cooling-off period for judges after retirement?
- Despite efforts to ensure their wellbeing, the Adivasi community remains one of the most deprived in India. In light of this statement critically analyse the steps taken by Government of India to address the issues of Adivasi community.
- ‘India must put in place actionable policy to achieve Hydrogen Mission targets, which will depend on cheaper green hydrogen’. Discuss, why Green ports are key to achieve Green Hydrogen Mission?
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- Our ability to reach unity in diversity will be the beauty and the test of our civilisation.
- Accepting post-retirement appointments of truly political nature goes against the very spirit of the Constitution.
- The importance of judiciary possessing unimpeachable independence has to be emphasized more for a country like India which has constitutionally guaranteed fundamental rights against the mighty state.
- The Russian dominated areas of Ukraine wanted to join Russia and the Ukrainian army sent its men to put down the secessionist movement.
The scope of climate change is not limited to Bangladesh only. Almost every country needs to worry, and India should particularly think about it. What Uttarakhand’s Joshimath has recently faced should be indeed alarming.
- It is high time the recommendations of the Sarkaria Commission are evolved into a Constitutional convention.
- Federalism is an integral part of the basic structure of our Constitution and it is intertwined inextricably with the unity and integrity of the nation.
- The BRICS countries have been working together to deepen their economic ties and strengthen their collective bargaining power. It is still premature to declare the end of the BRICS story as BRICS countries have resilience which can help them bounce back.
- The absence of a coherent medium-term growth strategy, especially at a time when the Indian economy is expected to slow down, is deeply worrisome given that this was the last full budget before the national elections.
- Despite the impressive renewable thrust, domestic oil and gas sector will need massive investments going ahead.
- India’s G-20 presidentship and summit later this year are ideal opportunities for the crafting of a comprehensive domestic and global cyber security framework.
- The purpose of bringing cheetahs to India is to facilitate their functional role as a top predator and provide space for natural expansion, thereby contributing to national and global conservation. Involving local communities in conservation efforts will generate livelihood opportunities, which will improve socio-economic conditions and the rural economy. Ensuring the forest ecosystem’s stability would be a step in the right direction.
- Calls for the restoration of Article 370 are a non-starter and play directly into the hands of Islamabad, Beijing and others who have been meddling in India’s affairs. The issue of grant of statehood to J&K is something the government has already said will happen at the appropriate time. China should remember when it raises the Kashmir issue that it is itself in illegal occupation of large portions of Indian territory.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.