(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- AICTE and BPRD Jointly Launch KAVACH-2023, a National Level Hackathon to tackle cyber threats and provide effective solutions READ MORE
- likely to place reverse charging of GST on scrap before Council READ MORE
- Now, no age bar to register for cadaver organ transplants READ MORE
- 12 cheetahs from South Africa take off for Gwalior; to fly to Kuno by chopper READ MORE
- India accounts for 52% of world’s new leprosy patients, says Health Minister READ MORE
- PM Modi inaugurates Aadi Mahotsav tribal festival, says welfare of Adivasis ‘personal for me’ READ MORE
- Factors behind moderating CAD, how it will impact markets READ MORE
- India should brace for dry and hot spring-summer, El Nino, say experts READ MORE
- Supreme Court reserves judgment on whether a Speaker under notice can disqualify legislators READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- How data can empower MPs to serve people better READ MORE
- Organ donation in India needs a major push READ MORE
- It is free for all!: Tripura elections once again show how political parties are wooing voters with freebies READ MORE
- ‘Basic Structure’ as democratic defence READ MORE
- Section 377 scrapped, but LGBTQIA+ awaits acceptance READ MORE
- What India Should Have Done for Migrant Workers – But Conveniently Didn’t READ MORE
- Need to revive SAARC READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- Shuffling feet: On foreign trade and policy responses READ MORE
- RBI’s nod to payment aggregators signals start of light-touch regulation READ MORE
- Agri credit societies: Indispensable lifeline for small and marginal farmers READ MORE
- Lower rates will reduce interest burden on Govt debt READ MORE
- Google and ChatGPT can coexist READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Announces Push for Mangrove Conservation, but Where Are the Funds? READ MORE
- Mission Urban Wetlands Are Not Wastelands, They Are Essential for Climate Resilient Cities READ MORE
- Resisting China: The seven new ITBP battalions are part of Indian efforts to curb the belligerence of our northern neighbor READ MORE
- Disaster relief as a tool of outreach READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
Questions for the MAIN exam
- Members of the judiciary cannot compromise judicial independence by trading it for a plum post-retirement sinecure. In the light of this statement, do you agree with this view that there should be a cooling-off period for judges after retirement?
- Despite efforts to ensure their wellbeing, the Adivasi community remains one of the most deprived in India. In light of this statement critically analyse the steps taken by Government of India to address the issues of Adivasi community.
- ‘India must put in place actionable policy to achieve Hydrogen Mission targets, which will depend on cheaper green hydrogen’. Discuss, why Green ports are key to achieve Green Hydrogen Mission?
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- Judicial abuse occurs when judges substitute their own political views for the law.
- Post retirement, the judicial community should take a concerted decision not to accept any job stemming from political patronage.
- Members of the judiciary cannot compromise judicial independence by trading it for a plum post-retirement sinecure.
- As the current G-20 president, and as a vulnerable country, India has a key role in ensuring that AMR remains high on the global health agenda.
- A credible glide path to bring inflation down to the target level is of critical importance, particularly now with the national elections around the corner.
- Inflation is proving to be the Achilles heel of the Indian economy’s recovery from the pandemic and subsequent global disruptions.
- A Union of small states is a good idea is that such a political model addresses what’s going to soon be a source of tension in Indian federalism.
- Smaller or medium size states or small bits of one or two large states like Maharashtra and Gujarat are doing most of the economic heavy lifting – but it is the larger states with larger populations that wield political power.
- End child marriages is a challenge of moral suasion and Assam’s arrests were not a useful way to pursue this noble goal.
- The pandemic adversely affected the quality of employment. Further, higher the level of education, higher is the chance of being out of the job market.
- Article 25 of the Constitution guarantees the freedom to profess, practice and propagate religion to all citizens, subject to public order, health and morality.
- India must put in place actionable policy to achieve Hydrogen Mission targets, which will depend on cheaper green hydrogen.
- India lost 24 tigers between January and February, the highest in three years. The lack of scientific assessment of the carrying capacity of forests frequented by them is also a worry. There is such a thing as too many tigers in a region, especially with human activity shrinking their habitat.
- The drastic economic measures announced by Pakistan show how desperate its situation is but also highlight IMF’s unrelenting push for economic reform in the country. While these measures will cause pain among the citizenry, there is hope IMF can finally pull Pakistan out of its perennial state of economic crisis.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.