(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- RBI sets up system to settle trade in rupees READ MORE
- Russia’s share of India’s June oil imports surges to record 950,000 bpd READ MORE
- India to surpass China as most populous country in a year: UN READ MORE
- PM Modi unveils national emblem on new Parliament building READ MORE
- Soon AI-based Mandarin translation devices for troops on LAC READ MORE
- Only 75mm rainfall in three hours, no cloudburst at Amarnath shrine site: MeT READ MORE
- Forest Act: Centre to decriminalise minor offences READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
- India in 2023: The challenge and opportunity of being the most populous country READ MORE
- Living in a society that loathes free enquiry READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- NITI Aayog’s role in ensuring collaboration between states and centre READ MORE
- Affirming the primacy of bail READ MORE
- Public Health Act: Biggest test is to make India ready for future pandemics READ MORE
- Why the world needs peace in Ukraine READ MORE
- C Raja Mohan writes: India’s new West Asia approach is a welcome break with past diffidence READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- The scam faultline is damaging Indian banking READ MORE
- Mint Explainer: The deep links between RBI balance sheet and the economy READ MORE
- Gaps in estimating gig, platform workers READ MORE
- Banking on privatization READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Climate and Us | Climate disasters: India needs an adaptation strategy — now READ MORE
- Ecostani | From Amarnath to Noney, IMD has a credibility challenge READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
Questions for the MAIN exam
- ‘The I2U2 sets the stage for a new and dynamic phase in India’s relations with the Middle East’. Comment.
- Achieving income convergence across states must be a policy priority to achieve greater socio-economic cohesion within the country. Discuss how NITI Aayog can play an important role in ensuring collaboration between states and centre?
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.
- The world cannot afford the continuation of Ukraine war, and India is in a unique position to help.
- The Russians and Ukrainians may not be interested in peace, but the rest of the world surely is. We cannot afford the indefinite continuation of this war.
- Financial fraud can be reduced to a great extent by the use of artificial intelligence (AI) to monitor financial transactions.
- Only establishment of National Asset Reconstruction Company Ltd. (NARCL) or the ‘bad bank’ is not a real solution for NPA. These measures can help only after a loan is bad but not the process of a loan going bad.
- India’s participation in the West Asian Quad brings Delhi in line with other major powers– including Europe, China, and Russia – to try and engage all parties in the region.
- The National Population Policy of 2000 focused on promoting the small family norm. A National Population Policy of 2022 is needed that adds the management of changing size and composition of the Indian population to its agenda.
- To achieve greater socio-economic cohesion within the country, achieving income convergence across states must be a policy priority.
- The Supreme Court has suggested a law to smoothen bail processes, but as the apex court observed last year, the real problem appears to be that of mindsets that are set against granting bail. To reform such attitudes might prove a steeper challenge.
- Ecologically sensitive areas like the Western Ghats, the Western Himalayas, and the Northeast urgently need focused planning.
50 WORD TALK
- New Delhi must be on the alert about China’s calculated cajolery on India’s stance on Ukraine, even as Beijing criticises the US, Quad, Japan and South Korea. By engaging with India and other BRICS countries and claiming to be the global power in the grouping, China intends to dictate terms to India and to retain the territory it has seized because it sees itself as having the economic and military vantage point over India.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.