(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- SVAMITVA Scheme READ MORE
- The problems within the UDAN scheme READ MORE
- A chance encounter with rare species READ MORE
- Union agriculture ministry prohibits the use of TB antibiotics on crops READ MORE
- Parliament passes Bill to link electoral rolls with Aadhaar READ MORE
- Nagaland Creates Three New Districts – Tseminyu, Niuland, And Chumukedima READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
- Ken-Betwa project can ravage Bundelkhand READ MORE
- India must step up efforts to reduce deforestation READ MORE
- Measures of social security for a wife READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- Thinking before linking: Despite progressive aspects, linking electoral rolls with Aadhaar raises apprehensions READ MORE
- Electoral reforms: Linking of Aadhaar with poll rolls faces challenges READ MORE
- Electoral bonds have been a mixed bag READ MORE
SOCIAL ISSUES AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
- Why raising marriage age of women won’t achieve its stated goal READ MORE
- Enforcing equality barely gives hope READ MORE
- India is keeping an eye on Central Asia READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- Energy: The Risks of Success- Costs are going up for rival sources of energy and renewables retain their price advantage READ MORE
- The limits of unicorns: Start-ups cannot be a growth engine for the Indian economy READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- A people-centric agenda for clean air READ MORE
- Labour losses due to rising heat: India among the most affected, finds study READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
Questions for the MAIN exam
- ‘Forest conservation needs to be prioritized above short term economic gains from diamond mines, development projects and tiger safaris’. Comment.
- Give an account of the current status and the targets to be achieved pertaining to renewable energy sources in the country. Discuss in brief the importance of the National Hydrogen Energy Mission.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.
- There are indeed complaints that some electors may be registered in more than one constituency and that non-citizens have been enrolled, but these can be addressed by other identification processes.
- Immunity is a spectrum ranging from protection from severe disease and death to preventing even the mildest disease, to preventing infection itself.
- The Republic Day invitation to leaders of five republics from the Middle-East region is a recognition of its new geopolitical significance, signalling a change in Delhi’s stance.
- India needs to work on an intricate network of relationships with the regional states while remaining mindful of the “big picture”.
- Jaishankar’s call for coordination between Russia, India and China over Afghan issues is a call to energise the RIC format. India’s regional strategies must be anchored on a non-aligned, independent foreign policy.
- Women’s empowerment, given as the rationale behind the move, requires removing structural inequalities, not just a waving of the legislative wand.
- To truly empower them while respecting their reproductive rights, the government must invest far more in addressing issues of equity.
- Emerging powers such as India are important pillars of multilateralism and have tried to influence and reform the institutions and rules of the game towards more equity and public good decisions.
- Liberty does include the freedom to perform as much good karma as one can.
- Electoral bonds can be considered an improvement over the previous system as it has helped formalise that part of the election funding hitherto made through cash. But the absence of a provision to disclose donor details flies in the face of complete transparency.
- Start-ups’ great year is worth celebrating. But India must look for its growth engine elsewhere.
- The project is based on the premise that Ken, the smaller of the two rivers, has surplus water that can be transferred to the bigger Betwa river. But the hydrological data that is claimed to support that premise is not in the public domain and has never been put to scrutiny by any independent, credible agency. Ground realities and available facts show that the hydrological basis of the project is a secret exercise in manipulation.
- In attending the meeting of PMO, the CEC and his colleagues have contravened the legislative intent and endangered the constitutionally ordained independent status of the EC. It is the bounden duty of the Chief Election Commissioner and other Election Commissioners to restore the independence of the Election Commission so badly compromised by their own actions.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.