(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main:
- Testing of Soil Quality READ MORE
- Selection Criteria for Roads under PMGSY READ MORE
- Rajya Sabha clears tenure extension of ED, CBI chiefs amid Opposition walkout READ MORE
- Explained: Why is WPI inflation at a record high and what are the implications? READ MORE
- Tornadoes and climate change: What a warming world means for deadly twisters and the type of storms that spawn them READ MORE
- Omicron variant: ADB slashes growth forecasts for developing Asia to 7% READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
- Caste-based violence: Empower suppressed classes, punish criminals READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- Going back to the foundation of the Republic READ MORE
- Democracy and decorum in Parliament READ MORE
SOCIAL ISSUES AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
- We need a renewed conversation on inequality in India READ MORE
- On health, India must protect the poorest READ MORE
- Explained: Why India, Russia blocked move to take climate change to UNSC READ MORE
- India’s bid to regain ground in Sri Lanka READ MORE
- Why it is time for India to get serious about diplomacy over the Antarctic READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
- Pain from prices: More fuel tax cuts are needed to prevent inflation from hurting the recovery READ MORE
- Boosting agrifood life sciences is key to India’s agricultural future READ MORE
- Why cryptocurrencies must be regulated READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Delhi’s Annual Average NO2 Level Way Beyond Safe Limit Since 2013: Report READ MORE
- Antarctic Ice Shelf May Disintegrate in 5 Years, Posing Grave Threat to Sea-Level READ MORE
- Flood policies that do not wash away READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
- Troubling question: Instead of casting off stereotypes, school authorities are reiterating old wrongs READ MORE
- When you realise self READ MORE
Questions for the MAIN exam
- Discuss the role of school in creating a rational, considerate and responsible citizenry of tomorrow.
- ‘Critical reforms are needed to bring back faith in our banking services and regulations of cryptocurrency is a positive step in this regard’. Examine the statement.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.
- While the country’s policy continues to lag behind, climate change is fast becoming a force that it has to reckon with.
- Parliament needs to function effectively on framing Bills, budget scrutiny and holding the Government accountable. But that is not the focus today.
- Democracy demands that Parliament scrutinize the government’s decisions, but settling political scores on the floor of the House makes lawmakers fail in their duty to discuss and debate bills.
- To mitigate the impact of floods, adequate disaster adaptation measures and better disaster management policies are essential in the flood-prone areas.
- The Government should create a massive community awareness campaign regarding the impacts of natural disasters, their causes, and mitigation measures.
- Self-realisation means self-discovery in the highest sense of the term.
- India must prioritise health services for its vulnerable population. Indians have one of the world’s highest out-of-pocket health expenditures.
- Critical reforms are needed to bring back faith in our banking services. Otherwise, like previous examples of money flowing into chit funds and Ponzi schemes, savings will be channelled into cryptocurrencies that are non-productive for investment and economic growth.
- Gaps of income and wealth have worsened after liberalization and a response is clearly necessary.
- The government decision to continue the ban on opening new engineering colleges is the right call. Existing colleges don’t have enough takers and most new graduates need further learning, training when employed. Engineering colleges need to reboot their curricula and focus on emerging areas like AI, robotics and machine learning.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing