(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main:
- MoHUA and UNDP sign MoU for Strengthening Waste Management Sector in India under Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0 READ MORE
- PM Modi holds summit talks with Russian President Putin READ MORE
- Explained: The significance of Raigad fort in Maratha history READ MORE
- Indonesia Semeru Volcanic Eruption Kills 13; Dozens Injured READ MORE
- India is neglecting its methane problem despite being the third-largest emitter of the potent gas READ MORE
- KVIC rolls out project in Assam to prevent elephant-human conflict READ MORE
- Aﬀorestation funds released to States READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
- Climate change is making one of the world’s strongest currents flow faster READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- A docket full of unresolved constitutional cases: These involve crucial questions about state power, accountability and impunity, and cannot be left hanging by the courts READ MORE
- Nagaland killings: AFSPA has no place in a democratic country. It must go READ MORE
- Democratic practices are in decline READ MORE
SOCIAL ISSUES AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
- The way to tackle malnutrition: It is high time that the process of monitoring nutrition got importance over survey outcomes READ MORE
- A new report shows worrying growth of the diabetes pandemic READ MORE
- Expanding India’s engagement envelope with Russia READ MORE
- Why Vladimir Putin visit to India is significant READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- The supply chain hurdle in India’s recovery READ MORE
- India should abandon the MSP track now READ MORE
- GDP: Growth is real, but challenges abound READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Greenpiece: Rethinking smog and smog towers in Delhi READ MORE
- Nagaland outrage: Need to restore civilians’ faith in security forces READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
Questions for the MAIN exam
- ‘Without any real progress on finance, there will be no equity in climate negotiations’. Comment.
- ‘Violence and instability in the Northeast have important implications for national security and territorial integrity’. In the light of the statement, suggest the way forward for India to address the security and instability issues in the northeast.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.
- Constitutional cases involve crucial questions about state power, accountability and impunity, and cannot be left hanging by the courts.
- It is high time that the process of monitoring nutrition got importance over survey outcomes.
- Both Poshan Abhiyan and the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana need to be monitored with the help of the community to ensure sustainable nutrition security.
- The country must do more to build resilience in its supply chains, in order to protect its key manufacturing sectors.
- Without any real progress on finance, there will be no equity in climate negotiations. This could greatly jeopardise any mitigation efforts by developing countries.
- Violence and instability in the Northeast have important implications for national security and territorial integrity. That’s why the Centre should go the extra mile to prevent things from spinning out of control.
- The very existence of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act undermines constitutional principles such as the right to life and liberty.
- The Vedic, Jain, and Buddhist traditions established the principles of ecological harmony centuries ago through their quest for spiritual and physical symbiosis, synthesized in a system of ethical awareness and moral responsibility.
- Saving democracy calls for an accommodative leadership committed to addressing deeper structural problems. Creating an environment where citizens and larger civil society can work together by respecting dissenting voices will be instrumental towards restoring democratic practices.
- Civilian killings in Army operation in Nagaland are shocking. Such tragedies are inevitable if Delhi keeps kicking the can down the road. Parallel ‘governments’ by rebels, tense forces sharing space with them and a suspended peace process have meant Nagaland remains fragile. Only swift investigation and justice can regain trust.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.