(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- Early Warning System for Landslides READ MORE
- Minority Act READ MORE
- Rajya Sabha passes Dam Safety Bill READ MORE
- PAT: Centre’s decarbonisation scheme not effective enough, says new CSE report READ MORE
- Parliament winter session: Lok Sabha passes Assisted Reproductive Technology Bill to regulate IVF clinics READ MORE
- The ‘Law’ and ‘Order’ of Indian Parliamentary Democracy READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- The politics-policy disconnect in India READ MORE
- Tribunals must be integrated into the legal and administrative apparatus READ MORE
- Another hurried Ordinance READ MORE
- The vital third tier: Local governments must be strengthened READ MORE
SOCIAL ISSUES AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
- Drug-resistant TB: Rise in cases poses a public health challenge READ MORE
- Countering China’s expanded footprint and influence in South Asia READ MORE
- Fostering relations with SAARC members READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- A white touch to a refreshed green revolution: The Amul model, of a socio-economic enterprise, has immense potential to aid India’s crop-growing farmers READ MORE
- Why not an inflation-based MSP regime? READ MORE
- RBI report on digital lending: The path ahead for digital lending READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Breathing fresh air into the NCR’s pollution control: Revisiting the UN Environment Programme’s review of China’s strategy provides useful lessons for policymakers READ MORE
- Needed: Affirmative action on pollution READ MORE
- Implementing climate change essentials in time READ MORE
- IMD predicts a warm winter in some regions despite La Nina READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
- Why make examinations larger-than-life events? READ MORE
- Thought Management – 1 READ MORE
- Inclusiveness: A prerequisite for leadership | OPINION READ MORE
Questions for the MAIN exam
- The contemporary trend in democratic governance is more decentralization of governmental authority but the strategic use of the Union Territory concept by the Central Government seems to reverse the trend. Comment.
- Access to justice requires an efficient Subordinate Judiciary. Examine the statement in the light of challenges faced by the Subordinate Judiciary in India.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- The Amul model, of a socio-economic enterprise, has immense potential to aid India’s crop-growing farmers.
- Revisiting the UN Environment Programme’s review of China’s strategy provides useful lessons for policymakers.
- Tribal communities, workers, peasants, students and the common people braved imprisonment or bullets and fought for the dream of freedom that would ensure justice and equality.
- This disconnect between politics and policy is not a recent development, though it manifests differently across political divides.
- China has carefully developed an image of listening to what the countries need and delivering. Additionally, contrary to popular discourse, these states wield considerable agency.
- Crucial to arresting the spread of TB is bringing about more awareness of the government’s programmes to battle it.
- It’s time for SAARC nations to start pushing common concerns impacting their citizens.
- To achieve the goal of limiting temperature rise to 1.5 per cent of pre-industrial level, carbon dioxide emissions need to be 45 per cent below 2010 level by 2030.
- IMD observed in its temperature outlook that even though weak La Nina conditions are prevailing right now in the equatorial Pacific Ocean, they may strengthen during the winter season.
- Usually, people understand leadership as a position of power. But those leaders who were truly successful and loved by people lived in a position of continuous sacrifice because a leader means your life and activity are no longer about yourself.
- The digital lending report provides a balanced framework encouraging innovation, protecting consumers, and minimising risks to the financial system. A framework of this nature is critical for the industry to grow and thrive at scale. There are many nuances that will get debated and clarified over time; however, this report is a seminal one and will likely lay the groundwork for the future of digital financial services in India.
Things to Remember: