(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- Zero Defect Zero Effect Scheme READ MORE
- Regional Rural Banks surpass prescribed lending target to Small & Marginal Farmers & SCs/STs during 2018 to 2021 READ MORE
- 12 RS MPs suspended for protests in Monsoon Session READ MORE
- Africa’s Great Green Wall: Viable return on investments, says FAO study READ MORE
- PM Modi says this ‘delicious’ fruit from Arunachal Pradesh is a ‘must have’ in homes READ MORE
- All you need to know about Green Hydrogen READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- Helping Supreme Court: Regional courts of appeal can spare SC from many matters. But judicial infirmities will remain READ MORE
- Honour killings: SC must actively follow up on witness protection READ MORE
SOCIAL ISSUES AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
- How A Renewed Focus Can Improve Maternal And Child Nutrition Scenario In India READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- Regulation, not ban: India should regulate trading of virtual currencies through monitored exchanges READ MORE
- Boosting green hydrogen: Hydrogen is the most promising solution to decarbonise sectors like cement, steel, and refineries READ MORE
- Amend RBI Act READ MORE
- All you need to know about RBI Retail Direct Scheme launched by Modi READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Clean energy and net-zero emissions are possible only if we act now. Here’s a roadmap READ MORE
- COP26: The truth behind the new climate change denial READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
- Solidarity in a polarised world READ MORE
- Police should live up to professional ethics, ideals READ MORE
Questions for the MAIN exam
- “The excessive reliance on a condition based fiscal transfer will hamper the fiscal autonomy of the states”. Examine the statement in the light of the 15th finance commission recommendations.
- ‘Restoring MPLADS will help pave the way for synergies between the political representative and the administration to augment basic health care in rural areas’. Examine.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- India should regulate trading of virtual currencies through monitored exchanges.
- Hydrogen is the most promising solution to decarbonise sectors like cement, steel, and refineries.
- Without legislatures drafting better laws and executives committed to due process and procedure, caseloads won’t reduce.
- The improvement in social indices should not detract from the fact that higher investments in health and education are a pre-requisite for a robust economy and society. There’s no other route to get there.
- The black hole in India-Nepal relations remains the economic blockade of 2015 and New Delhi’s grudging acceptance of the 2015 Constitution.
- The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic poses an increased threat to maternal and child undernutrition, and compels us to reflect on the causes of maternal and child nutrition, and reaffirm the focus to improve the status.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.