(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- Evolution of immune mechanisms can shape the genetic risk of mental illness READ MORE
- Winter Session READ MORE
- Australia introduces new laws targeting online trolls READ MORE
- A second vulture-safe drug offers hope for the dwindling population of scavengers in India READ MORE
- Endemic Western Ghats flycatchers could lose third of their range due to climate change: Study READ MORE
- 9th Meeting of the BIMSTEC Joint Working Group on Counter-Terrorism and Transnational Crime READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
- Patriarchy still reigns: Despite gender gains, societal mindset regressive READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- Rethink the functioning of India’s Parliament READ MORE
- Explained | Does data protection Bill have safeguards on privacy? READ MORE
SOCIAL ISSUES AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
- What NFHS-5 results reveal READ MORE
- When Indian diplomacy left both Moscow & US annoyed READ MORE
- Why a pandemic treaty might empower poor countries in times of global health crisis READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- Explained: Why RBI has kept entry of big businesses in banking on hold for now READ MORE
- How e-comm is powering jobs in India READ MORE
- Statutory MSP a disastrous idea READ MORE
- How to regulate cryptocurrencies READ MORE
- Regulating digital lending READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- COP26 pledges need a new climate of cooperation: Developing economies such as India are burdened with other issues and require the help of the developed North READ MORE
- Microplastics are not just polluting the seas – they are blighting our soil too READ MORE
- We must be on guard against ‘third wave’ of radicalisation READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
Questions for the MAIN exam
- Discuss the role of E-Commerce in an economy in the present time.
- Access to justice requires an efficient Subordinate Judiciary. Examine the statement in the light of challenges faced by the Subordinate Judiciary in India.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- Authority does not come from the loudest voice, but the wisest.
- Developing economies such as India are burdened with other issues and require the help of the developed North.
- Corporate houses were active in the banking sector till five decades ago when the banks promoted by them were nationalised in the late sixties amid allegations of connected lending and misuse of depositors’ money.
- The growth in the e-commerce sector will also boost employment, increase revenues from exports, increase tax collection by exchequers, and provide better products and services to customers in the long term. Smartphone usage is expected to rise 84 per cent to reach 859 million by 2022.
- The country is undergoing a surprising demographic transition. But it also faces several serious developmental challenges that are highlights by NHFS-5.
- To do justice to the vision of the Constitution’s drafters, and encourage greater deliberation, Parliament needs a set of structural changes.
- Although ISIS has experienced territorial defeat, it’s been able to confuse the enemy with its continual subterfuges, turning weaknesses into strength.
- At times of a global health emergency like COVID-19, it is crucial to put humanity over greed and business needs.
- Implementing the recommendations in the recent report of the RBI working group on digital lending could lead to consolidation in the space. Technology intermediaries and smaller platforms will likely be more affected than the licensed larger NBFC players.
50- WORD TALK
- Along with the laws enacted to promote and safeguard women’s rights, of utmost importance is a shift in the societal mindset over traditional gender roles and parity. The endorsement or condoning of domestic abuse is reflective of a regressive society. Only when the abhorrent practice is regarded as unacceptable will domestic violence be tackled head-on and the victims would come out confidently to report the crime.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.