(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- India is exporting strictly Non GMO rice to World READ MORE
- Explained: Why a peak in Andaman and Nicobar Islands is now named after Manipur READ MORE
- India at 71st on Global Food Security index 2021 of 113 nations READ MORE
- Micro snail species discovered in Meghalaya’s Mawsmai cave READ MORE
- Piyush Goyal inaugurates 250mm seer water supply project in Kashmir READ MORE
- IMF cuts Asia-Pacific growth forecast to 6.5% on Delta variant, slow vaccine pace READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
- How the militant aspect of India’s freedom struggle was sidelined READ MORE
- The dilemma of displacement READ MORE
- Women officers in the armed forces READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- Democracies need to focus on foreign policy too. Only solving domestic issues won’t save them READ MORE
- Police Abuse the Laws Because the Laws Are Designed to be Abused READ MORE
- SC May Have to Revisit Basic Structure Doctrine as Centre Defends Tribunal Reforms Act READ MORE
- Towards zero hunger READ MORE
- Why India needs an international development cooperation agency READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- Plugging the leak: On the GM rice controversy: India must assuage importers that its produce is compliant with trade demands on GM foods READ MORE
- Farmers need assured price for sustenance READ MORE
- Making sense of the power crisis debate: For import-dependent India, it is costlier to import longer haul Australian coal than shorter haul Indonesian coal which is getting diverted to China READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- The carbon markets conundrum at COP26: Success in Glasgow hinges to a great extent on the conclusion of one of the most technical and highly contentious issues READ MORE
- Climate change in Third Pole: As glaciers melt, two lakes grow larger; NASA releases images READ MORE
- Climate change effect: Northern climes no longer safe haven for migratory animals READ MORE
- Extending BSF’s powers won’t resolve policing problems, security threats READ MORE
- Discovering AI applications READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
- The dilemma of displacement READ MORE
Questions for the MAIN exam
- Climate justice demands that developing countries get access to their fair share of global carbon space. In this respect, explain the importance of the carbon market mechanism for developing countries like India.
- ‘Voting is an act of expression that has immense importance in a democratic system’. Comment.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- When it comes to global warming, coal is the gorilla in the room.
- The modern Indian state has kept on brutal colonial laws and has even hardened them to exercise control over its citizens.
- The population of migratory species declines as moving to the north proves to be less beneficial and potentially dangerous.
- Indian laws and the criminal justice system lends themselves ‘inherently’ to abuse by the police and those in power.
- Safeguards against abuse are not provided in the system because the colonial power that framed the laws, did not want any safeguards so that the powers of its agents remained untrammelled.
- Voting is an act of expression that has immense importance in a democratic system.
- With the intent of transparency in the electoral system and to restore the confidence of voters with disabilities in seeing in the EVMs, it is necessary to provide them with the facility to verify their voting.
- Recent developments require more international engagement and cooperation, not less, and especially among governments and transnational civil society actors that are committed to values such as data protection and the right to privacy.
- To sustain billions of farm livelihoods across the globe, and to celebrate the role farmers play in wealth creation, a beginning has to be made by guaranteeing an assured and profitable price for farmers.
- A rich repository of industry-wide use cases and an ecosystem of start-ups and partners working on Applied AI solutions and platforms can propel an organisation in its AI ambitions.
- Enhancing the efficacy of India’s development cooperation endeavours has been a challenging issue for the past several decades. The rapid evolution of geopolitics dictates that the issue is tackled with utmost urgency.
- Strengthening police capabilities, improving coordination between security agencies and cooperation with state law enforcement are needed to address security threats.
50- WORD TALK
- Call it what you want but the coming together of India, Israel, UAE and US is the birth of another pressure group to balance the rise of China. For India, it’s also a new zone of unhyphenated opportunities. It should remain interested, committed unlike its early hesitations about the Quad.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the main point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.