(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- S. scientists David Julius, Ardem Patapoutian get Medicine Nobel for the discovery of temperature, touch receptors READ MORE
- ICMR’s drone-based vaccine delivery model launched READ MORE
- A tiny plant that can ‘digest’ low-density plastic sheets READ MORE
- Chhattisgarh launches project to generate electricity from cow dung READ MORE
- Elephant electrocution deaths: Odisha gives Rs 445 cr to power DISCOMS to prevent live wire snare READ MORE
- Covid antiviral pill can halve risk of hospitalisation READ MORE
- All you wanted to know about swing pricing READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- The digital health ID as a democratic tool READ MORE
- CMs violate IAS seniority rules too often with the pick-and-choose game for chief secretaries READ MORE
SOCIAL JUSTICE AND SOCIAL ISSUES
- Schools for student mental health support READ MORE
- The dynamics of cooperation, power, and inequality in a group-structured society READ MORE
- An alphabet soup New Delhi needs to sift through: India needs to reconsider the plethora of alliances it is in and rationalise them after a reality check READ MORE
- The Quad and the Next Cold War: ‘Containing’ China is Quad’s focus, like ‘containing’ USSR was NATO’s READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- The problem of plenty: Procurement alone will not address farm woes READ MORE
- India needs high-frequency data for jobs policy, labour ministry’s new survey a good step READ MORE
- Public stockholding initiative at WTO READ MORE
- Dirty money: The Pandora Papers underline the need for a stringent global anti-tax abuse network READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Science over smog towers: Proven solutions rooted in science, not unproven technological fixes, will reduce air pollution READ MORE
- moots easier clearance for forest land use READ MORE
- The biofuels route to carbon neutrality READ MORE
- Indo-US remarks point to joint terror fight READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
Questions for the MAIN exam
- Collective bargaining is the strength of group diplomacy but it cannot be eﬀective without commitment to a common cause. Discuss with suitable examples.
- In the light of the recent developments, discuss the need for the creation of a global institute to address the issue of tax abuse.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- Politics is what we do, what we create, what we work and hope for and by what we dare to imagine.
- India needs to reconsider the plethora of alliances it is in and rationalise them after a reality check.
- India is witnessing a rising democratic demand for clean air. But this cannot be met by unproven technological fixes. Instead, we must vigorously pursue solutions that are rooted in science to bring back blue skies.
- Delhi should take a hard look at the emerging challenges to the current space order and its interests on the moon, and develop strategies to pursue them through a national lunar mission.
- Generous behaviour is known to increase happiness, and there is, therefore, the likelihood that the giver would like to repeat the experience, by giving more or by giving repeatedly.
- The newly formed Quad arrangement should also, down the line, include the counter-terror element as some of our neighbours, such as Pakistan, are opting to invest in low-cost terror assets to achieve their strategic goals in the region.
- What is required is a global anti-tax abuse network to take shape under a world body like the United Nations. It will not end the abuse but will try to institutionalise an international oversight mechanism to monitor the travel of dirty wealth. There is enough evidence of tax abuse.
- As a powerful socializing agent, schools play a crucial role in the transformation of cognitive, linguistic and psychosocial competencies and creating happy, healthy and harmonious schools for the mental health wellness of kids. Schools have an unprecedented opportunity to improve the lives of young people and the authorities should recognize this strength of schools as a change-maker in the young world.
50- WORD TALK
- Digital health mission requires robust health IT infrastructure to be laid, block by block has ambitious plans to expand insurance-based healthcare unfold alongside. The Pradhan Mantri Digital Health Mission is, thus, a central pillar of the ruling dispensation’s plans to expand and cement a stronger role for private players and insurance companies in the country’s healthcare landscape, which need not entirely be to the detriment of Indian healthcare.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.