(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- PM launches Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0 and AMRUT 2.0 READ MORE
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India celebrates Fifth Annual Day READ MORE
- India, Australia sign terms of reference for the conduct of navy to navy talks READ MORE
- Renewable Energy Certificates: How new amendments provide a safety net to renewable power developers READ MORE
- Chola inscriptions detail qualifications for civic officials READ MORE
- British-era bungalow turns Brahmaputra heritage centre READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
- Why do Delhi roads get flooded every monsoon? READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- Stain on steel frame: Apex court should issue directions to rid India of menace READ MORE
- Challenges aplenty for digital health mission READ MORE
- Digital health ID concerns: The idea is good but govt must address privacy issues READ MORE
- Straying from Constitutional Values: India’s Democracy is at a Crossroads READ MORE
SOCIAL JUSTICE AND SOCIAL ISSUES
- Universal rice fortification policy READ MORE
- What is there in the Quad for India? READ MORE
- AUKUS, Quad and India’s Losing the Plot Internationally READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- Rapid growth, increasing adoption of crypto assets pose financial stability challenges: IMF READ MORE
- Digital Economy Report 2021 READ MORE
- The Charade of a ‘Bad’ Bank READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Analysing India’s Climate Change Policy READ MORE
- Marine heatwaves during winter could have dire impacts on New Zealand fisheries and herald more summer storms READ MORE
- Change and continuity: Indian military has to look beyond the traditional domains of security READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
- Peace at the heart of education: Education can impart the skills and values needed to prevent potential conflicts READ MORE
- We are trustees of the earth and the future READ MORE
Questions for the MAIN exam
- ‘With an alarming escalation in global hunger unfolding, reaching the goal of an equitable livelihood is a necessity’. Comment on the statement.
- “The excessive reliance on a condition-based fiscal transfer will hamper the fiscal autonomy of the states”. Examine the statement in light of the 15th finance commission recommendations.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- Education can impart the skills and values needed to prevent potential conflicts.
- Education for peace has a rich history in India. The philosophies of various religions, cultures and of Gandhi have non-violence, syncretism and tolerance at their core.
- Beyond discussions around innovation, technology and smart future schools, we need to understand the potential of education systems and schools in building peaceful societies. In times of crisis, education has the ability to provide hope and confidence.
- With an alarming escalation in global hunger unfolding, reaching the goal of an equitable livelihood is a necessity.
- Gandhiji taught us to dream big. Let us listen to the advice he gave us and create a better world.
- Technology has opened up ethical challenges. The sharp divide in societies raises issues about neutrality.
- The constitutional principles of equality, secularism and fraternity are an essential part of the military’s culture. Military leaders must ensure that their actions are not seen as diluting the institutional ethos.
- The presence of Chinese trawlers in the Indian Ocean, Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal jeopardises India’s maritime security by fishing in India’s EEZ.
- With the Quad, India hoped its traditional sphere of influence in South Asia would be recognised and that it could count on military help to fend off China.
- The various factors that have undermined the democratic ethos of our country, and have set us on a path different from what the Constituent Assembly had envisioned.
- Data collection is necessary to deliver more efficient services, but that in itself is not sufficient to assure such services if attention is not paid to the basics.
50- WORD TALK
- Digital health mission requires robust health IT infrastructure to be laid, block by block has ambitious plans to expand insurance-based healthcare unfold alongside. The Pradhan Mantri Digital Health Mission is, thus, a central pillar of the ruling dispensation’s plans to expand and cement a stronger role for private players and insurance companies in the country’s healthcare landscape, which need not entirely be to the detriment of Indian healthcare.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.