Table of Contents
(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- PM Modi launches Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission READ MORE
- Launch of convergence between DAY-NULM and PMFME to support Micro Food Processing Units of Urban SHGs READ MORE
- India emerges as Dubai’s second-biggest trade partner READ MORE
- An institution’s right to govt. aid is not a fundamental right: SC READ MORE
- Sundarbans endangered as per IUCN’s Red List of Ecosystems framework, cautious optimism advised READ MORE
- Explained: What is dark energy, and have scientists finally detected it? READ MORE
GS Paper- 1
- Inhumane: Dalits in India live in a sorry state, whether it is spoken about or not READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- India’s Parliament must overcome its dysfunctional ways READ MORE
- ‘Indianisation’ of the Justice Delivery System READ MORE
SOCIAL JUSTICE AND SOCIAL ISSUES
- Women’s turn: Is reservation the only way to a fair deal in India? Economic growth delivers justice, too READ MORE
- Why Poshan 2.0 needs more power after Covid READ MORE
- The Quad could end up running out of steam: It has too many items on its agenda, and with the announcement of AUKUS, faces the danger of becoming a talk shop READ MORE
- The growing strategic importance of outer space READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- Cryptocurrency — the time to act is now READ MORE
- India will need more than green hydrogen READ MORE
- Banks’ bailout — Make it transparent READ MORE
- US corp pledge elusive; the bad bank is expensive READ MORE
- Caste census is the way forward for equitable growth READ MORE
- Global inequalities don’t have easy solutions. But altering trade policy can be a start READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Net-zero is not enough: Global climate agreement must be about the allocation of available carbon space READ MORE
- Pollution: Has North India had any success in controlling stubble burning? RAED MORE
- High water: India must create a social safety net to manage the fallout of cyclonic storms READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
Questions for the MAIN exam
- Discuss the strategic and geopolitical significance of the Indo-Pacific region for India.
- Do you think that the AUKUS security agreement will overshadow the Quad alliance? Justify your view.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- The power of population is indefinitely greater than the power in the earth to produce subsistence for man.
- QUAD has too many items on its agenda, and with the announcement of AUKUS, faces the danger of becoming a talk shop.
- The project of Indianisation is not so much about changing the present system into one drawn from what the historians and anthropologists may recognize as Indian tradition or culture, but simply about making a broader base of Indians a part of the system.
- With China’s emergence as a major space power, there is a new urgency for democratic powers to come together to secure their national interests as well as promote sustainable order in the skies above.
- Unless political economy issues around discoms are addressed, India’s renewable energy plans will fail.
- A new vision for the global trading system must encompass equitable access to the benefits of trade for all of society.
- Poshan Abhiyan, which vowed to make India free of malnutrition by 2022, repositioned nutrition as central to development.
- A key driver of Quad is balancing China’s influence on global security and economy, and the future of technology sits at the heart of both.
50- WORD TALK
- MEA denying permission to Mamata Banerjee to travel to Rome for a peace conference is churlish. The practice of a chief minister having to seek the approval of the central government for foreign trips is itself anachronistic. Modi government comes across as petty and mean resorting to such juvenile politics.
- The growing strategic salience of outer space demands substantive national policy action in India. Delhi has undertaken some reforms in recent years like letting the private sector participate in space activity. It has also taken tentative steps to cope with the unfolding military challenges in outer space. It has also initiated space security dialogue with close partners like the US, Japan, and France.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.