Table of Contents
(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- Fact Sheet: Quad Leaders’ Summit READ MORE
- “Ambition to Impact: Opportunities for Global Collaboration in India’s Clean Energy Economy” READ MORE
- China’s central bank declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal READ MORE
- Delhi Metro earned 19.5 crore Rupees from the sale of carbon credits READ MORE
- Cyclone Gulab crosses coast near Kalingapatnam READ MORE
- Iceland Elects Europe’s First Women-Majority Parliament READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- These investigations are a face without a heart: There is no longer any respect for the citizen’s rights but only a single-minded assertion of unaccountable authority READ MORE
- There is more to democracy than elections READ MORE
- Two sides of the cooperation argument READ MORE
- Retd IAS officers aren’t bound by any code of conduct. There should be no room for them in CMO READ MORE
SOCIAL JUSTICE AND SOCIAL ISSUES
- Needless row: On amendment to Rajasthan marriage law READ MORE
- The right to sit must be the beginning READ MORE
- How States Can Lead the Fight Against Discrimination READ MORE
- Back in the game: Quad and India-U.S. ties READ MORE
- Four plus two minuses: Quad summit shows India matters in the emerging world order. But the Af-Pak challenge remains READ MORE
- The emergence of a binary world order READ MORE
- Does AUKUS cast a shadow over Quad? READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- MSP is not the way to increase farmers’ income READ MORE
- Health, infra and fiscal stimulus will act as our economic panacea READ MORE
- Global inequalities don’t have easy solutions. But altering trade policy can be a start READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Cyclone Gulab: Landfall process starts READ MORE
- ‘Death Sentence’: Low-Lying Nations Implore Faster Action on Climate READ MORE
- Explained: What is dark energy? Have scientists detected it finally? READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
- All the darkness within can be divinised READ MORE
- Work-life balance — What really makes us happy might surprise you READ MORE
Questions for the MAIN exam
- ‘AUKUS framework will have significant and positive implications on India’s strategic calculus regarding the Indo-Pacific region’. Analyse the statement.
- Discuss how trout farming would minimise the climate change threat to food security in India and around the world?
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- I would rather be a devil in alliance with the truth than an angel in alliance with falsehood. — Ludwig Andreas Feuerbach
- Rajasthan’s law does not validate child marriages but helps the rights of underage brides.
- There is no longer any respect for the citizen’s rights but only a single-minded assertion of unaccountable authority.
- India must cooperate with U.S. on vaccines, trade, and leverage Quad for regional stability.
- Issues of global concern, including the ongoing pandemic, climate change, technology cooperation, supply chains and security, and preserving a free and open Indo-Pacific were themes that came up at the Quad gathering.
- Augmenting farmers’ income will require investment in animal husbandry, fisheries and fruit and vegetable cultivation. The private sector needs to be incentivised to create value chains.
- Health, infrastructure and fiscal stimulus are at the core of the government’s economic revival strategy as they hold significant potential to propel growth.
- The lack of access to seating works as a strong impediment to women’s participation in India’s workforce.
- India, the ASEAN countries and the broader Asia-Pacific region all gain from the new alliances in the Indo-Pacific. These must be nurtured, intelligently.
- As a parliamentary, federal, democracy, India should have got used to elections. But politicians yearning for power and unthinkable control over the lives of citizens make every election into a spectacle.
- Elections are an overdramatized moment in democracy. Real democracy is when citizens stand up and struggle for liberation from the very government some of them voted for.
- With a vision of deterring China and ensuring free international waters, there should not be any doubt that AUKUS will cast a shadow over Quad.
- A new vision for the global trading system must encompass equitable access to the benefits of trade for all of society.
- Elections are an overdramatised moment in democracy. Real democracy is when citizens stand up and struggle for liberation from the very government some of them voted for.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.