Table of Contents
(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- Ayushman Bharat PMJAY on completion of three years READ MORE
- Modi to launch Pradhan Mantri Digital Health Mission on Sept. 27 READ MORE
- PM CARES not govt fund, functions with transparency, Delhi High Court told READ MORE
- An Expert Explains: How rare species of Sundarbans are threatened by human activities READ MORE
- SC introduces Fast and Secured Transmission of Electronic Records system READ MORE
- Dance of the Lamas READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- Make departments smart, first: E-governance holds the promise of improving local governance, but only if we pay attention to the basics READ MORE
- The misuse of law — a challenge to Indian judiciary READ MORE
- Making light of the law: The police have to be depoliticised if they have to fulfil constitutional mandate READ MORE
SOCIAL JUSTICE AND SOCIAL ISSUES
- Marching on: The SC insists that females be given the chance in Nov itself to take the NDA entrance exam READ MORE
- Another grouping: AUKUS presents both challenges and opportunities for India as a Quad member READ MORE
- On the climate crisis, a four-point agenda for Quad meeting READ MORE
- Quad, AUKUS, SAARC… and a divided Asia READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- Lack of clarity on NMP process, timing READ MORE
- Role of cooperatives in Indian economy READ MORE
- Managing risks of a green economy: A rapid transition to renewable energy, which is necessary, will disrupt a number of businesses READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- The battle against air pollution READ MORE
- Breathing death: WHO’s revised air quality levels are in tune with the times. India must implement these quickly READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
- Meditation is essential to remove the fear of death READ MORE
- Human resources & regulatory autonomy: Statutory regulatory authorities need autonomy in staffing their organisations with specialists who have integrity and knowledge READ MORE
Questions for the MAIN exam
- The formation of the new alliance ‘AUKUS’ significantly affects India’s interests in the Indo-Pacific region. Comment.
- What is e-governance? How urban local bodies can utilize e-governance to build a smart city?
- ‘AUKUS presents both challenges and opportunities for India as a Quad member’. Analyse.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- The law is the public conscience.
- E-governance holds the promise of improving local governance, but only if we pay attention to the basics.
- AUKUS presents both challenges and opportunities for India as a Quad member.
- With the sudden announcement of AUKUS, a worry for New Delhi is that the U.S. is now promoting a security partnership with its “Anglo-Saxon” treaty allies that it is excluded from, possibly upsetting the balance of power in the region.
- The success of the National Monetisation Plan hinges on the availability of credit and internal resources of the private sector.
- Quad can capitalise on the essence of democracy to further the vision and action related to the climate agenda. It is high time that a comprehensive, inclusive and fair approach to regional cooperation is adopted in dealing with one of the most significant global dangers of this century.
- The World Health Organization’s new metric on pollution levels highlights the scale of India’s challenge. India must focus on cleaning up its power, industry, and transport sectors, set up interim targets, and plan a more nuanced regional approach to provide clean air to its citizens.
- Public Interest Litigations have ensured against derailment of the rule of law and benefited the socially vulnerable sections.
- Statutory regulatory authorities need autonomy in staffing their organisations with specialists who have integrity and knowledge.
- WHO’s new air quality guidelines are bad news for India, which is struggling to meet 2005 benchmarks. They show we are breathing unacceptable levels of pollutants. The response so far of governments and people has been inconsistent or kneejerk. This is an urgent wake-up call if one was even needed.
- We Indians, instead of sorting out our disputes with China on our own on the basis of equality and fairness, have chosen to join the US-led quadrilateral. Essentially an anti-China alliance, the Quad could end up making Asia the theatre of a new cold war and an expensive arms race. Should we allow outsiders to put their guns on our shoulders to fire at China?
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.