(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- The minimum support price for agriculture crops READ MORE
- Pegasus: Centre Tells SC It Doesn’t Want to File Affidavit Over ‘National Security Concerns’ READ MORE
- Not just groundwater, fluoride has poisoned agricultural soil, crops in Bengal READ MORE
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Passes Bill To Exempt Medical Admissions From NEET READ MORE
- Govt to start PM Adarsh Gram Yojna covering 36 thousand villages across country READ MORE
- Iran and watchdog reach deal over nuclear site monitoring READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- Returning to school 17 months later: The post-COVID-19 situation is complex and the ‘where we left it’ approach will not do for any stage of school education READ MORE
- To save democracies and warn autocrats, the political will of citizens is key READ MORE
- Pegasus vs Privacy: What the government can expect from the Supreme Court READ MORE
- Losing Our Agency, One Bill at a Time READ MORE
SOCIAL JUSTICE AND SOCIAL ISSUES
- Role of communities’ integral to health reforms READ MORE
- Can the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation be the regional body that stabilises Afghanistan? READ MORE
- Brics: 2021 vs 2013 – The group is better equipped to handle financial turbulence. The focus must be on growth READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- How to boost financial inclusion READ MORE
- The structural shift in Indian agriculture is worrying READ MORE
- A boost for textile sector READ MORE
- Trans-Asian rail connectivity: South Asian perspective: The new corridor could provide transport connections to ensure the development of landlocked countries such as Afghanistan, Bhutan and Nepal READ MORE
- Urban safety net: Govt needs new ideas to address distress in cities READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Climate change could trigger migration of 216 million people, World Bank warns READ MORE
- Bhubaneswar records highest September rainfall in last 63 years READ MORE
- To Enlist Renewables’, Help with Net-Zero, India Needs Land Half the Size of TN READ MORE
- Cybersecurity can be made agile with zero-shot AI READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
Questions for the MAIN exam
- ‘While the SCO is not an impressive regional institution, it remains an important diplomatic forum’. Examine the statement.
- ‘A safety net is an immediate need for urban India, but for permanent solutions, skilling and lifelong learning need to be put in place to end precarity once and for all’. Discuss the statement.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world.
- Till a decade back, our prime concerns as citizens of a developing country used to be limited to procuring a good education and thereafter securing a decent job. Suddenly, the concerns of the general public have apparently taken a complete shift in terms of priority, which is akin to taking a drop in Maslow’s pyramid of needs.
- The post-COVID-19 situation is complex and the ‘where we left it’ approach will not do for any stage of school education.
- If State governments and private schools can devote resources and time to this otherwise marginalised area, they will make the resumption of routine life at school more nourishing.
- Greater flexibility in financial products will lead to greater inclusion of nano enterprises, a burgeoning segment that is critical to the growth of our rural economy.
- While the above are supply-side issues, the demand side has its own set of challenges. Financial literacy and technology readiness are two critical issues.
- While the SCO is not an impressive regional institution, it remains an important diplomatic forum. Delhi has sought to make full use of the SCO’s diplomatic possibilities without any illusions about its effectiveness.
- The essential values of democracy such as freedom, human rights, and the rule of law are increasingly coming under stress in the democratic world.
- The increase in wages as a component of the income basket shows that farmers are not moving into a higher-paying, stable, productive economy but are becoming more reliant on informal labour to sustain their incomes.
- Transforming Healthcare in the interest of communities entails that communities stand in the vanguard of health reform.
- Political stability in the countries of the region and government patronage of rail projects are important for such routes to be fully operational.
- The research underscores that communities are capable of dealing with most of their healthcare needs by themselves, via health personnel selected by and from within their respective communities. Also, such community-based care demands less in the way of higher-order technical expertise in medicine and more in the way of community participation, health communication and primary healthcare.
- In the past two years, the government has initiated a lot of structural reforms to bring new energy to the textile sector. PLI is one such reform and it’s time for the industry to step up and announce new projects under this scheme and move towards making India the fashion capital of the world.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.