(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelim and Main
- Leaded petrol eradicated, says UNEP READ MORE
- 102 Vande Bharat trains to be operational by March 2024 READ MORE
- IISc completes technology transfer of oxygen concentrators to 24 companies READ MORE
- Explained: What is the ‘school bubble’ Karnataka has proposed for its students? READ MORE
- IBBI proposes amendments in liquidation norms to increase transparency READ MORE
- Explained: Is Covid-19 now endemic in India? READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- Marital rape: an indignity to women- The marital rape exception is antithetical to women’s dignity, equality and autonomy READ MORE
- Road to school: Thorough implementation of standard operating procedures could help schools keep open for long READ MORE
- Why Justice Kureshi’s Omission from Collegium List Raises Questions READ MORE
SOCIAL JUSTICE AND SOCIAL ISSUES
- How Localised Public Health Strategies Can Help Tackle Covid-19 Effectively READ MORE
- America’s Asia policy: The U.S. must push for a rules-based international order despite Afghan debacle READ MORE
- Is India clueless on Afghanistan? READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- A monetisation move that doesn’t tick most boxes: The National Monetisation Pipeline may not help realise the best value for public assets to kick-start investment demand READ MORE
- Asset monetisation holds the key to value creation in infrastructure READ MORE
- Oilseed production boost can cut imports READ MORE
- Key priorities for employment policy READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- India is indeed walking the green talk: Even with all its challenges, the country is setting a global example in meeting its Nationally Determined Contributions READ MORE
- Balancing economic development and climate goals READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
- When a True Soldier-Sportsperson-Patriot Speaks…! READ MORE
- PANDEMIC AND SEMINAL EXPERIENCE READ MORE
Questions for the MAIN exam
- Till the time a collaborative approach is taken between different organs of government, the behemoth of plastic pollution will persist.
- Discuss the challenges associated with Palm Oil cultivation. Also, suggest the way forward for these challenges.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- The virtue of justice consists in moderation, as regulated by wisdom.
- Constitutional values like secularism, equality, human dignity etc., are the standards and expectations that are drilled into the soldier’s conscience, not as empty words but as belief systems.
- Measures that generate income for the poor are more important than tweaking the applicability threshold for labour laws.
- In dealing with the Taliban regime, the Modi Government must determine the nature of its engagement with this new regime. The question of whether India will move from its fruitless back-channel talks with the Taliban and with Pakistan in the past few months, into something substantive remains to be seen.
- Developing countries need a ‘global, green multilateral platform’ to help developing countries achieve both development and climate goals, and accelerate the pace of progress.
- Himachal Pradesh should be congratulated for becoming India’s first state to cover its entire population with the first dose of Covid vaccine. It’s also heartening that it aims to complete giving both doses to all by 30 November. Other states should emulate HP and help avoid a possible third wave.
- The video of IAS officer Ayush Sinha giving ‘sar-phod’ instructions shows the Singham-isation of civil services too, after the IPS’ similar slide. That he was the 7th ranker in the civil services exam is even more distressing. Some soul-searching is needed on where the UPSC selection and training system is lacking.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims-related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers, etc. same applies to the national places.)
- For economy-related news (banking, agriculture, etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related to various economic aspects, for example, if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing price rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates, etc.
- For main exam-related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occur frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment to your writing.