Table of Contents
(Newspapers, PIB and other important sources)
Prelims and Mains
- Creating awareness among farmers for Nutri Cereals (Millets) READ MORE
- Use of Modern Technology for Crop Production Forecasting READ MORE
- Explained: Why Gilgit-Baltistan matters to India and Pakistan READ MORE
- Rajya Sabha passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Bill amid protest by opposition READ MORE
- Governors can pardon prisoners, including death row ones: Supreme Court READ MORE
GS Paper- 2
POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- An agenda for the ministry of cooperation READ MORE
- Drone policing during Covid exposes India’s need for data protection law READ MORE
SOCIAL JUSTICE AND SOCIAL ISSUES
- Poverty in India is on the rise again: In the absence of CES data, the Periodic Labour Force Survey shows a rise in the absolute number of the poor READ MORE
- The power of school feeding programmes to improve nutrition READ MORE
- By failing to prioritise education, Modi government and the states are harming India’s future READ MORE
- Getting back in business in the Indo-Pacific: The choreographed visits of three senior U.S. officials are a part of the Biden administration’s deliberate strategic refocus READ MORE
- US waking up to ground reality in Afghanistan READ MORE
GS Paper- 3
- Count the distress: Unemployment numbers strike cautionary note — growth alone is not enough for recovery. READ MORE
- Services sector in need of revival package READ MORE
- Inflation risks: RBI should give a near-term road map for policy normalization READ MORE
- While trying to revive India’s sluggish economy, has the RBI forgotten about inflation? READ MORE
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
- Explained: Why ‘net zero’ carbon targets may not be enough to tackle climate change READ MORE
- Writing on the wall: Himachal govt report warned of rise in cloudbursts, landslides in 2021 READ MORE
- Cybersecurity breaches are on the rise. What can we do to become more resilient? READ MORE
GS Paper- 4
ETHICS EXAMPLES AND CASE STUDY
- Get a dose of emotional vaccination too READ MORE
- Humanity: Sporting events show us the way to lead a full, meaningful life outside of the playing arena, too READ MORE
Questions for MAIN exam
- The new leadership in U.S. is looking for strategic re-focus away from Afghanistan towards maritime Asia. Analyse the statement with reference to recent diplomatic reach out of U.S. to Asian countries.
- In India, services have outpaced manufacturing and become the main force, driving both jobs and growth. The government needs to take cognisance of this new reality by providing a supportive revival package to the badly affected services sector. Discuss the statement.
QUOTATIONS AND CAPTIONS
- The more you know about the past, the better prepared you are for the future.
- In the absence of Consumption Expenditure Survey (CES) data, the Periodic Labour Force Survey shows a rise in the absolute number of the poor.
- The U.S. is willing to resist and counter China firmly, but with the full engagement of and contribution by the like-minded states of the region.
- Policymakers in India, too, need to be watchful. Growth alone is not enough if it comes without wellbeing (employment). If not addressed, high levels of unemployment will create both economic and social hurdles for growth.
- As growth strengthens and the RBI’s inflation-targeting credibility comes under greater scrutiny, a policy pivot would become increasingly likely.
- At the local level, cooperative societies should continue to cater to the needs of their members across segments of the primary sector. At the national level, they must emerge as organisations capable of competing with the behemoths of the private sector.
- India has the world’s highest number of undernourished children and the largest school-feeding programme – the Mid-Day Meal (MDM) scheme – but limited evidence is available on the intergenerational impact of the programme.
- Effective collaboration between private and public sector leaders is key to ensuring a nation is cyber resilient. They must take a proactive stance.
- Union government must not reduce subsidy expenditure from renewable energy; it should re-structure it towards decentralised renewable energy.
- Like Maharashtra ban on dance bars, Delhi government’s guidelines to check sexual abuse and trafficking at spas are well-intentioned but not well-thought through. A blanket ban on ‘cross-gender massage’ is regressive, will hurt employment prospects of women and push seedy operators underground. Tougher, non-corrupt regulation will protect women, not bans.
- The most important understanding between the United States and the Taliban, which facilitated the pullout of American forces, was that the Taliban would ensure no militant attacks on the US emanate from the Afghan soil. It is evident from the terms of the US-Taliban agreement that the survival of the Taliban has become far more important to the US interests than anything else.
Things to Remember:
- For prelims related news try to understand the context of the news and relate with its concepts so that it will be easier for you to answer (or eliminate) from given options.
- Whenever any international place will be in news, you should do a map work (marking those areas in maps and also exploring other geographical locations nearby including mountains, rivers etc. same applies for the national places.)
- For economy related news (banking, agriculture etc.) you should focus on terms and how these are related with various economic aspects, for examples if inflation has been mentioned, try to relate with prevailing prices rises, shortage of essential supplies, banking rates etc.
- For main exam related topics, you should focus on the various dimensions of the given topic, the most important topics which occurs frequently and are important from the mains point of view will be covered in ED.
- Try to use the given content in your answer. Regular use of this content will bring more enrichment in your writing.
Spread the Word