THE CONTEXT: An Evaluation study of PMJVK has been conducted by NITI Aayog.
- The Ministry of Minority Affairs implements the Pradhan Mantri Jan VikasKaryakaram (PMJVK), in the identified Minority Concentration Areas (MCAs) of the country, with the objective to develop socio-economic assets and basic amenities in the MCAs.
- The scheme was restructured in May 2018 and areas identified for implementation of the scheme was increased from a coverage of 196 districts to 308 districts which includes 870 Minority Concentration Blocks, 321 Minority Concentration Towns and 109 Minority Concentration District Headquarters. Priority sectors under the scheme are education, health, skill development, and women-centric projects.
- Projects under PMJVK are implemented by States/UTs/Central Government Organizations as per the need of the identified MCAs.
- In the last 7 years under the “Pradhan Mantri Jan VikasKaryakram” (PMJVK) more than 43,000 basic infrastructure projects including education, health, skill development, women-related projects, sports, and sadbhav mandaps, etc. have been sanctioned at a cost of Rs. 10955.75 crore, and Rs. 8115.67 crore has been released to the States/UTs for implementation of the projects.
- In addition to the above, the Ministry has also utilized social media platforms to spread awareness on vaccination through various renowned personalities from the field of social, cultural, and religion as influencers.
- The Ministry has started an awareness campaign “Jaan Hai To Jahan Hai” on Covid-19 Vaccination to prevent apprehensions and rumors, under which various organizations associated with the Ministry like State Waqf Boards, State Haj committees, State Channelizing agencies, and Programme Implementing Agencies(PIAs) of various schemes were urged to reach out to the people and work towards spreading awareness and getting rid of the vaccine hesitancy amongst the local communities.
Reference Link: Press Information BureauSpread the Word